Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Computer software

Fergus MacDougall

Hi All

How do you guys remember when to do your window cleaning rounds?

Is there a software package that can remind you when your clients are due? 

Any advice you can give would be great, thanks in advance. 

cleaner planner is the best out there IMO......
I’d be inclined to agree with you. I’m a Squeegee App user. It’s good but when it goes wrong it really goes wrong. CP has been around so much longer it’s hammered out the kinks. The cost difference is barely relevant to an established cleaner. The problem for me is I’m too invested in Squeegee and it would be too much effort to move now. I do believe Squeegee will be the best software in the not to distant future however!

I’d be inclined to agree with you. I’m a Squeegee App user. It’s good but when it goes wrong it really goes wrong. CP has been around so much longer it’s hammered out the kinks. The cost difference is barely relevant to an established cleaner. The problem for me is I’m too invested in Squeegee and it would be too much effort to move now. I do believe Squeegee will be the best software in the not to distant future however!
They've being saying that for over a year  ? and it still has issues, I would say I am way to invested in Cleaner Planner after more than 4 years and I ain't likely to switch, because of historical data and my shocking memory 

They've being saying that for over a year  ? and it still has issues, I would say I am way to invested in Cleaner Planner after more than 4 years and I ain't likely to switch, because of historical data and my shocking memory 
Well... in defence of Squeegee the issues have been less and less. In the last few months I’ve had an outage (lasted 20 mins) not ideal in the middle of a working day if you’re not sure where your next job is... but it was only 20 mins. There have been a couple of syncing issues which delayed a very small amount of invoices and there is an ongoing issue where you can’t email BT email addresses (the workaround is to email it to yourself and forward that on) I truly believe the pros outweigh the cons already and it should get better from there.

Still like using George.  £50 one off no ongoing costs and covers everything u need. Can be used on pc or a windows tablet.

I like the fact that it isn't 'on the cloud'. We do regular backups to a memory stick and occasional send myself a backup via email.

Last edited by a moderator:
George dont go wrong, just works. Lol 

I like the fact that it isn't 'on the cloud'. We do regular backups to a memory stick and occasional send myself a backup via email.
That’s exactly what I do backup daily and a weekly email to myself ?

i had a cheap windows tablet gifted to me from a friend but found a 10” screen and having fat fingers not good, might buy a more modern windows tablet so I can update George while my son drives between jobs. 

Google calendar. Has repeat options, notes, it's the dogs!

What i do is use two calendars - one to plan my clients by their weeks... then the second to copy them onto once i've actually worked out what day i'll be there.

Using an app called automate from google play store, i have two processes running on my phone. On Saturday at 6pm one checks the 1st calendar for the weeks clients and texts them all (grabs the name from the title then looks them up in my contacts, checks it's a mobile number and then sends). I find this gives clients a bit of advance warning so that they can be sure to have the cash ready or let me know of any days they can't do etc. The second process runs at 5:30pm every day and looks on the other calendar for clients that are showing for the next day - then sends them the text saying i'll be there tomorrow and to leave the gate open etc.

Works well enough for me. Only real complexity is having to copy the event from one calendar to another - google does pre-fill it all in (just click copy to X calendar) however i still have to click the save button lol. I can do all that on the PC and yet still see the calendar on my phone... works well enough for me!

i had a cheap windows tablet gifted to me from a friend but found a 10” screen and having fat fingers not good, might buy a more modern windows tablet so I can update George while my son drives between jobs. 
A windows os device is good if that's what you are use to but, there updates are always massive and your memory could get eating up very quickly, when I bought a new laptop I bought a more expensive one with 1tb hard drive, because the issue above was highlighted in a review of windows net books 

This is probably the route I will end up going.

George used to work with my pda on Windows 10 32 bit but synchronization stopped working. a while back and I had to revert back to XP. Having 2 hard drives in the same computer, one with Windows 10 and the other with XP has become an issue with dual booting.

A windows os device is good if that's what you are use to but, there updates are always massive and your memory could get eating up very quickly, when I bought a new laptop I bought one a more expensive one with 1tb hard drive, because the issue above was highlighted in a review of windows net books 
That’s Ian so true, I’m a apple man iphone/IPad myself but George don’t work on apple which is a shame. 

I only use my laptop for George hence why a good tablet would probably be better option for me as the tablet I have is really slow and generally a load of Shiite.

That’s Ian so true, I’m a apple man iphone/IPad myself but George don’t work on apple which is a shame. 

I only use my laptop for George hence why a good tablet would probably be better option for me as the tablet I have is really slow and generally a load of Shiite.
I am too greedy/can't warrant apple prices, it's got to be a windows os laptop for me, but android phones 

I am too greedy/can't warrant apple prices, it's got to be a windows os laptop for me, but android phones 
I worked as a sales manager for Tesco Mobile and before that Carphone warehouse. At the time I wouldn't have touched apple with someone else's... I've now got an iPhone, iPad and currently typing this on a MacBook. I've had apple everything since 2014. At the time nothing synced the way Apple products do. Nowadays Samsung has caught up and Google has introduced good features on Android that negate all of those problems. I'm now stuck with Apple because of the potential difficulty of moving away from iMessage. There is a good chance that customers who have iPhones won't be able to contact me via text if I were to move over. The issue would be in their settings not mine so completely out of my control too. Android phones are years ahead of Apple, the tablets are better a Chromebook ls literally £800 cheaper than a MacBook!

I worked as a sales manager for Tesco Mobile and before that Carphone warehouse. At the time I wouldn't have touched apple with someone else's... I've now got an iPhone, iPad and currently typing this on a MacBook. I've had apple everything since 2014. At the time nothing synced the way Apple products do. Nowadays Samsung has caught up and Google has introduced good features on Android that negate all of those problems. I'm now stuck with Apple because of the potential difficulty of moving away from iMessage. There is a good chance that customers who have iPhones won't be able to contact me via text if I were to move over. The issue would be in their settings not mine so completely out of my control too. Android phones are years ahead of Apple, the tablets are better a Chromebook ls literally £800 cheaper than a MacBook!
The Chromebook is ? I bought one and disliked the os, I didn't realise it's just a smart device in the guise of a laptop, so my wife got it and I went out a week later and bought a acer laptop, I am old skool 

The Chromebook is ? I bought one and disliked the os, I didn't realise it's just a smart device in the guise of a laptop, so my wife got it and I went out a week later and bought a acer laptop, I am old skool 
I used to have one when they first came out. The kids destroyed it in the end. It depends what you want to use it for. My Mac is great for photo editing, other than that I could use google drive for the spreadsheets and Google chrome to access the internet. For people who mainly just browse the internet its ideal. My kids homework is all online nowadays so it would work for them too.

Back