Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Osmosis psi speed with booster pump?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tino8358

Hey I've bought an echen 200 gbp booster pump since my taps psi was around 35, I've just put the system in the shed and once I had the tap on as usual the pump takes it up to over 150 odd, so turn the tap all the way down so it's nearly off to get it to around 60, (that's what I read as optimum). The booster pump said it flows at 70 psi, current at 70 psi. I see some people turn there pump down, I've turned the tap down to where the hose looks all sucked in and flat, is there a right way of having to do this ie. Pump turned down with my water at the 35psi max it had flowing or is it okay my tap slightly on and the pump working, I just want sure why people turned the pump down and not the tap?

20191012_085829.jpg

20191012_085944.jpg

20191012_090639.jpg

Hey I've bought an echen 200 gbp booster pump since my taps psi was around 35, I've just put the system in the shed and once I had the tap on as usual the pump takes it up to over 150 odd, so turn the tap all the way down so it's nearly off to get it to around 60, (that's what I read as optimum). The booster pump said it flows at 70 psi, current at 70 psi. I see some people turn there pump down, I've turned the tap down to where the hose looks all sucked in and flat, is there a right way of having to do this ie. Pump turned down with my water at the 35psi max it had flowing or is it okay my tap slightly on and the pump working, I just want sure why people turned the pump down and not the tap?

View attachment 17970

View attachment 17971

View attachment 17972

I think you need to contact the supplier and ask them how they would suggest you reduce the pressure.

Vyair describe this pump as self regulating. I wouldn't know what they mean by this. And no, you can't reduce the booster pump's pressure by restricting the amount of water from your tap.

You would need to do this electronically, but that's for the supplier to suggest a solution.

I understand the Aquatec booster pumps have an internal pressure relief valve which keeps the boost to spec.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back