Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rinse aid in water

HWCS

On a fb group im a member of, people are talking about using rinse aid in their tanks.

Is this essential, common or choice?

rinse aid is a surfactant which decreases water tension...so if you will it makes water wetter. its used in dishwasher to help water flow with more fluidity and reduces the formation of water droplets or more importantly for window cleaner reduces water spots

It’s not needed , why spend thousands of pounds on filtration to remove stuff from your water then chuck all kinds of things in the tank of pure ???? 
gotta be honest im with you on that one, chances are its budget bob and his corner cutting excercises

gotta be honest im with you on that one, chances are its budget bob and his corner cutting excercises

This subject has been covered so many times with a number of products , there is a member in this forum who I have a huge amount of respect for , he is a very helpful  knowledgable person and I have learned a lot from him , he has explained to me how theses things work in scientific talk and Ime sure what he says it true he is a great  promoter of additives , but to me I feel why remove impurities from water and then put a load back , I have never felt the need to use additives if you are using 000 tds I have never had any problems cleaning windows , rinsing and getting good results . If doing a really bad first clean then a spray with a virosol mix or similar will aid the speed and remove years of grime then rinse with pure job done  , that’s my 10 pensworth ???  

Last edited by a moderator:
Used it for a year or so everyday, other fellow cleaners ive told about it,likes it too ,and are now using it too. For me it def. gives a better shine and a better flow down the glas on most windows.

its dirtcheap and it does the same as expensive additives like V2 as ive used earlier. 

I can't see the point myself, one of the advantages of pure water is you leave nothing on the glass, no residue like trad leaves. How many times have customers said their windows stay cleaner for longer? If you use an additive you will be back to leaving some sort of residue and spending money you don't need to spend.

Its a pound for 500 ml, so not really thinking about it, do like the shine and flow, ive never seen any residue issue , not even in direct sunlight. But each to their own, it works for me and others. 

Back