Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spotless water sites

mark2788

Does anyone know where to find out when some of there units are opening I've emailed a couple of times now and heard nothing back. 

Thanks

Might be wrong here but they normally try and drum up interest before  actually opening one , people singing up in that area will show the demand 

They are expensive... better of making your own water, but they are good if u need an emergency fill point :)

Surely buying water isn't a good business strategy?

Neither is making it when you have a water meter like so many people these days - and those who don't soon will have as the water companies are now rolling them out everywhere. The only places that legitimately escape this is farms but i know of one that meters the water it's tennants use so i suspect they themselves now have a meter too.

@mark2788 they basically wait and see how much interest they get in each area before they drop a filling station in there. In my area we got lucky, the only other two suppliers went 1) bust and 2) was having technical hiccups. He's still supplying but several windys here don't use that one and prefer spotless.

As for finding out where they're planning to arrive next, there's no way unless you're a company insider. They keep their plans deliberately vague when it comes to which towns they're planning next. I got lucky, they finally caved in on my town after a few of us kept nagging and with the exception of a hiccup they caused me a while back they've been very good. Water leaves a better shine than my previous suppliers and they're literally open 24/7. 

You'll know when they're about to land in your neighbourhood as you'll get s metallic effect dark blue bubble wrap envelope turn up in the post which will contain your fob and account / access details.

Also if you've ever seen whats inside one of them (i have) you'll realise that you won't get much change from £20-30k.(maybe more). They're expensive to make and no investor is going to continue pumping vast amounts of cash into unlimited filling stations. I would expect they're either at the point of having to save up to afford the next one or they have to meet some financial targets to get the next one financed. Both can be slow options.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on a water meter and we also have a waste water charge (tax) but I still wouldn't want to be buying pure, it is still more cost effective to make my own. Obviously I realise that not everybody lives in a place where they can process water so have no choice.

Surely buying water isn't a good business strategy?
If you're 250 miles from home, worked your b0llocks off for 10 hours and need 800l of water the next day, your options are,

Trying to find a tap to fill the tank from and spending 4 hours filling up so get back to hotel around 10 at night

Driving 10 miles to fill up in 10 minutes and spending £32 to do so, back to hotel for 7 

What would your choice be, I know mine.

If you're 250 miles from home, worked your b0llocks off for 10 hours and need 800l of water the next day, your options are,

Trying to find a tap to fill the tank from and spending 4 hours filling up so get back to hotel around 10 at night

Driving 10 miles to fill up in 10 minutes and spending £32 to do so, back to hotel for 7 

I must admit that scenario hadn't occured to me, is it common to work so far from home in the UK?

They emailed me back finally and said they can't give dates of when they'll open but they're working with a major retail landlord which should speed things up. But after what some people have said I wouldn't hold my breath. 

I joined them about 3 years ago because they were opening a site in Cambridge, still waiting. 
Where did you go to get pure water in the end then? 

There are quite a few national companies that travel a lot. I think @solarpanelcleaningltd and @Pjjtravels a lot and I certainly travel away window cleaning 6 times a year for around 20 days in total.

Yes we have commercial  contracts in a number of areas 250 -300 miles away is the most we usually travel been doing them for years . 

I have a filtration system in the van so can produce pure when I'm away. Trouble is I'm getting busier down there so the need to fill up quickly is getting more likely

Get a booster pump and fill on site if you can that’s what we do , with three pumps running we produce water faster than we can use it depending on mains pressure and tds we produce 1000 ltr in two hours , we drive there with around 200 ltr then start filling on arrival works really well saves fuel and water costs for me ??

And of course the Hotel has a bar!!

Yes we have commercial  contracts in a number of areas 250 -300 miles away is the most we usually travel been doing them for years . 

Get a booster pump and fill on site if you can that’s what we do , with three pumps running we produce water faster than we can use it depending on mains pressure and tds we produce 1000 ltr in two hours , we drive there with around 200 ltr then start filling on arrival works really well saves fuel and water costs for me ??
Not every site has a tap and the water has a TDS of 400+. There's a new site I'm quoting for that is around 2 days work and doesn't have the facility to fill on site. 

And of course the Hotel has a bar!!
It's not a very good one though, expensive and not great quality. There are plenty of bars nearby though  :beerchug:

Latest Posts

Back