Cottonlung

Ibc tank storage

Cottonlung

Can anybody recommend as storage shed that will house a 1000ltr ibc tank that I can insulate.. cheaper the better? Not got alot of room for a normal garden shed. Cheers 

Baldmonkey

There are far too many shed versions to list or recommend that might be called something else where you live, what you do need is one with double doors to physically get the IBC into the shed and a floor that can support 1ton per square meter. Insulating any shed is easy as you can cut foam board etc and put it between the uprights

Davy G

I'd seriously consider building your own, especially if space is tight. It's not difficult.

My tank is 1200mm long, 1000mm front to back, and about 1200mm in height at a guess. My shed is about 2000mm long, 1400mm front to back, 1800mm in height, with a lean-to roof. It needs to be big enough to hold the processing equipment in one end and the transfer hose in the other end nearer the van. I'd make it slightly longer if I was doing it again for more elbow room when changing filters etc and to allow a bit more storage. Insulate well, especially the processing system.

Cottonlung
45 minutes ago, Davy G said:

I'd seriously consider building your own, especially if space is tight. It's not difficult.

My tank is 1200mm long, 1000mm front to back, and about 1200mm in height at a guess. My shed is about 2000mm long, 1400mm front to back, 1800mm in height, with a lean-to roof. It needs to be big enough to hold the processing equipment in one end and the transfer hose in the other end nearer the van. I'd make it slightly longer if I was doing it again for more elbow room when changing filters etc and to allow a bit more storage. Insulate well, especially the processing system.

Nice info.. do you have a picture so I can get an idea? 

Davy G
24 minutes ago, Cottonlung said:

Nice info.. do you have a picture so I can get an idea? 

I'll try to remember to take a photo on Monday. It's at a buddy's house as I was in a rented house when I started after coming back from living in Ireland.

Cottonlung
47 minutes ago, Davy G said:

I'll try to remember to take a photo on Monday. It's at a buddy's house as I was in a rented house when I started after coming back from living in Ireland.

Much appreciated bud 

Iron Giant

Surely any decent shed supplier/builder would be able to build you one to spec, down my allotment one of the previous holders built one out of 3x2 and osb board and it's pretty decent, what I would say is if it's going in a garden get a proper base put down with flagstones I have seen a few of my clients put there sheds straight on grass or gravel they will end up been replaced looking at the state of them and they are less than 12 months old they are also the really cheap timber sheds 

Cottonlung
3 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

Surely any decent shed supplier/builder would be able to build you one to spec, down my allotment one of the previous holders built one out of 3x2 and osb board and it's pretty decent, what I would say is if it's going in a garden get a proper base put down with flagstones I have seen a few of my clients put there sheds straight on grass or gravel they will end up been replaced looking at the state of them and they are less than 12 months old they are also the really cheap timber sheds 

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it 🙂

Davy G
On 23/11/2019 at 20:38, Cottonlung said:

Much appreciated bud 

A few photos of my processing shed as promised. The tank was put in place first and the shed built around it.

20191125_135502.jpg

20191125_135455.jpg

20191125_134724.jpg

Cottonlung

That gives me an idea of the kind of setup I need. Thanks mate 

Davy G
2 minutes ago, Cottonlung said:

That gives me an idea of the kind of setup I need. Thanks mate 

It's a bit rough and ready. My buddy knocked it up while I was working and it does the job the finest. The size is pretty spot on other than it could be a little bit longer.

Cottonlung
Just now, Davy G said:

It's a bit rough and ready. My buddy knocked it up while I was working and it does the job the finest. The size is pretty spot on other than it could be a little bit longer.

It's does what it's meant to that's the main thing pal 

Davy G

Yeah, that's right and he's a great old buddy. He built it in his yard while I was living in a rented house and I was out at work in the very early stages of starting up the business and building the round from scratch, with no real idea what I was doing.

There are good folk about, if we're lucky enough to find them and wise enough to recognise and value them. 🙂