Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ibc tank storage

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cottonlung

Can anybody recommend as storage shed that will house a 1000ltr ibc tank that I can insulate.. cheaper the better? Not got alot of room for a normal garden shed. Cheers 

There are far too many shed versions to list or recommend that might be called something else where you live, what you do need is one with double doors to physically get the IBC into the shed and a floor that can support 1ton per square meter. Insulating any shed is easy as you can cut foam board etc and put it between the uprights

I'd seriously consider building your own, especially if space is tight. It's not difficult.

My tank is 1200mm long, 1000mm front to back, and about 1200mm in height at a guess. My shed is about 2000mm long, 1400mm front to back, 1800mm in height, with a lean-to roof. It needs to be big enough to hold the processing equipment in one end and the transfer hose in the other end nearer the van. I'd make it slightly longer if I was doing it again for more elbow room when changing filters etc and to allow a bit more storage. Insulate well, especially the processing system.

I'd seriously consider building your own, especially if space is tight. It's not difficult.

My tank is 1200mm long, 1000mm front to back, and about 1200mm in height at a guess. My shed is about 2000mm long, 1400mm front to back, 1800mm in height, with a lean-to roof. It needs to be big enough to hold the processing equipment in one end and the transfer hose in the other end nearer the van. I'd make it slightly longer if I was doing it again for more elbow room when changing filters etc and to allow a bit more storage. Insulate well, especially the processing system.
Nice info.. do you have a picture so I can get an idea? 

Surely any decent shed supplier/builder would be able to build you one to spec, down my allotment one of the previous holders built one out of 3x2 and osb board and it's pretty decent, what I would say is if it's going in a garden get a proper base put down with flagstones I have seen a few of my clients put there sheds straight on grass or gravel they will end up been replaced looking at the state of them and they are less than 12 months old they are also the really cheap timber sheds 

Surely any decent shed supplier/builder would be able to build you one to spec, down my allotment one of the previous holders built one out of 3x2 and osb board and it's pretty decent, what I would say is if it's going in a garden get a proper base put down with flagstones I have seen a few of my clients put there sheds straight on grass or gravel they will end up been replaced looking at the state of them and they are less than 12 months old they are also the really cheap timber sheds 
Thanks for the info. I'll look into it ?

Yeah, that's right and he's a great old buddy. He built it in his yard while I was living in a rented house and I was out at work in the very early stages of starting up the business and building the round from scratch, with no real idea what I was doing.

There are good folk about, if we're lucky enough to find them and wise enough to recognise and value them. ?

Back