The Window Ninja

Go cardless fees up from feb

The Window Ninja

Evenin' All

In the last day or two I have watched a few Youtube videos and read some forum posts about Go Cardless.

I am now convinced of the benefits, especially about the 1% fees I heard mentioned.

So I go on the Go Cardless website to sign up, only to discover that the fees are 1% plus 20p per transaction. 

Most of my work is stuff thats between 5 and 10 quid per house / shop, which make the fees more like 3 to 6% transaction.

Am I missing something here, or should I just stay with my Izettle card reader which is only 1.6% per transaction.

Any advice much appreciated.

Baz the Window Ninja.

adamangler

its supposed to be minimum 20p

but a lot of us seem to still be paying the old rate of 1% on any amount

Dave B
39 minutes ago, adamangler said:

its supposed to be minimum 20p

but a lot of us seem to still be paying the old rate of 1% on any amount

If you signed up before it changed you keep the old tariff as that is what you signed up to.

Mine has always been 1% flat rate and nothing else.

Mate signed up more recently and it is different for him.

laddergarder

I pay 20p to process a £10 payment. Not long signed up. By paypal, this would be 80p+. So still seems very reasonable to me. 

Cleanteam South west

I seem to be the only person on here to have my gocardless account suspended for being a partnership. I even went and brought a Ipad Pro to fix into the van so could do it on the run...... what makes it worse is they took £50 off one of my customers and the took weeks before paying him back. not a happy bunny.

laddergarder

@Cleanteam South west this doesn't sound great. What do you mean being a partnership? 

For the effort it takes to get customer to change the way they pay you. I would be gutted to spend the next few years working to signup customers to this, then have this kind of thing happen.

Anyone else had similar problems?

Wind o kleen

Gocardless requested £50 from somebody’s bank account?   

Brianbarber

Feb next year the 20 p per transaction fee

is this a thin edge of the wedge......

mr B

RyeCleanLiam

As far as I’m aware it’s going up from a 1% flat rate to 1% + 20p. So basically each transaction will be 20p more. I reckon it will cost me an extra £20 a month more in fees. But in all honesty it’s still well worth it I think for the stability and convenience of it. 

Cookie
2 hours ago, Brianbarber said:

Feb next year the 20 p per transaction fee

is this a thin edge of the wedge......

mr B

Put your prices up next year to cover it ....

RyeCleanLiam

It seems you are right the fees have gone up. I’m definitely only paying 1% flat fee with a minimum of 20p atm, but I’ve been told it’s going up for everyone if Feb next year to 1% plus 20p.

2A68DF60-A1DF-4942-BB09-12EA598455A7.jpeg

RyeCleanLiam
17 hours ago, Cleanteam South west said:

I seem to be the only person on here to have my gocardless account suspended for being a partnership. I even went and brought a Ipad Pro to fix into the van so could do it on the run...... what makes it worse is they took £50 off one of my customers and the took weeks before paying him back. not a happy bunny.

I had this issue too. I decided to go into partnership with my wife and changed my bank account on my GC Dash and it asked what I was trading as I I said a partnership. Massive error, they suspended my account too. I’d been using it a while and had quite a lot of customers on it. In the end I decided it was better to keep using GC than be in a partnership so I decided against going into partnership with my wife, emailed GC and they re activated my account straight away.

The only partnerships allowed are LLP’s.

Poles Apart

Prices will increase that's all well and good you'll be paying even more then.

Iron Giant
6 hours ago, laddergarder said:

@Cleanteam South west this doesn't sound great. What do you mean being a partnership? 

For the effort it takes to get customer to change the way they pay you. I would be gutted to spend the next few years working to signup customers to this, then have this kind of thing happen.

Anyone else had similar problems?

GC don't allow partnerships so I am thinking there is more to it I also I don't see how GC could take out £50 from a clients account without a GC customer such as us windys making a request for payment of service as GC are a middleman if you like, I have been using GC for over 5 years now without any issues.  

Cleanteam South west

Me and my wife are a partnership on the business and have been since we started in 2010, 

What happend is they set up the account an said you can now take customers as they verified, this would take a couple of days, it took two weeks of me having to ring them in the end and email over bank statements. 

If i could i would still use go cardless but they have this policy.... i cant see why its an issues.

Shammy Davis Senior

I had just gone GC only for new customers. With a doubling of fees I’ve gone back on that. I’ll continue to offer it but it isn’t my preferred payment method. 

Dave B

Will our prices increase though?

When my mate signed up it was 2% flat rate but my old account is still 1%.

Seems they aren't putting up existing accounts prices.

Bit naughty if they do as customers already signed up.