Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice Large Microfibre

WCF

Help Support WCF:

fast_muchly

Hi , 

Been using scrim for detailing for 7 years , cloths are all beginning to all go at once now and im a bit sick of the amount of lint they leave behind . I do use a Moermann but I find that vastly over rated and still mop a lot up around the sides .I know some will say that's down to technique but sorry I don't think it is I think the Moermann is just over rated and a gimmick .But I do continue to use it .

Anyway back to the question I want at least an 80cm x 60 cm cloth and fancy having ago at these Microfibre cloths , Im wanting around 30 cloths and I have read it depends on which ones you buy as some of the cheaper ones are inferior im wanting it for detailing around the edges and wash/wipe and polish ( sep cloths ) on good old lead windows. Use a separate cloth for sills but im wanting new cloths for that as well anyone recommend some good cheap cloths for sills that soak the water up and that are easy to squeeze the excess out of .

Washing my scrim I always wash them separate and with no conditioner just basic wash powder on a quick wash cycle.

So any links please to anyone who uses large microfibres for general work and there happy with them so I get the correct ones your using please much appreciated .

P.s Im trad not pole ( The proper way ?  ) 

The above mentioned by High tower are good. 

We was traditional a few years ago, we used both scrim and microfibre. In winter the microfibre get wet much quicker than scrim. For leaded Windows microfibre all the way. We used he Unger green microfibres. https://www.soapnational.co.uk/shop/unger-micro-cloths/

Window cleaning warehouse precision microfibers are excellent for detailing. But a bit large. If I wasnt using scrims, I would use these in combination with the wcw microfiber sill cloths.

You wouldnt need 30 of them, maybe 10.

IMG_20180717_163439_453.jpg

Hi , 

Been using scrim for detailing for 7 years , cloths are all beginning to all go at once now and im a bit sick of the amount of lint they leave behind . I do use a Moermann but I find that vastly over rated and still mop a lot up around the sides .I know some will say that's down to technique but sorry I don't think it is I think the Moermann is just over rated and a gimmick .But I do continue to use it .

Anyway back to the question I want at least an 80cm x 60 cm cloth and fancy having ago at these Microfibre cloths , Im wanting around 30 cloths and I have read it depends on which ones you buy as some of the cheaper ones are inferior im wanting it for detailing around the edges and wash/wipe and polish ( sep cloths ) on good old lead windows. Use a separate cloth for sills but im wanting new cloths for that as well anyone recommend some good cheap cloths for sills that soak the water up and that are easy to squeeze the excess out of .

Washing my scrim I always wash them separate and with no conditioner just basic wash powder on a quick wash cycle.

So any links please to anyone who uses large microfibres for general work and there happy with them so I get the correct ones your using please much appreciated .

P.s Im trad not pole ( The proper way ?  ) 

give mark Robbins a ring at Wintecs he sells good quality ones and very reasonable prices , cannot remember what I paid but I buy 40 at a time and it wasn’t expensive 

Thx for the replies folks keep them coming then will buy some tomorrow after I have gone thru links and made a decision . That was a good comment on they get a lot wetter in winter . I would want more than 10 so I don't have to wash them straight away for next day use ? . Basically I want 2 days worth of cloths before im out . 

Its probably how I clean but with scrims I tend to use 1 scrim per house . 

Any good soak up and easy to squeeze sill cloths ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx for the replies folks keep them coming then will buy some tomorrow after I have gone thru links and made a decision . That was a good comment on they get a lot wetter in winter . I would want more than 10 so I don't have to wash them straight away for next day use ? . Basically I want 2 days worth of cloths before im out . 

Its probably how I clean but with scrims I tend to use 1 scrim per house . 

Any good soak up and easy to squeeze sill cloths ??
Using a old cut down squeegee or your normal one to remove much of the excess liquid from the sill prior to wiping will help...and I use cotton tea towels (not patterned with writing etc) just plain coloured for wiping.

I only do the odd bit of trad internals only @Dave B got me into Wilko blue glass microfibres I used them and scrims. 

Back