Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customers getting more ratty in Dec

laddergarder

I have had three in the last week. One was an inactive customer, who had the cheek to say she wasn't paying me for the work we have done(£30 we have been waiting nearly all year for) because we are currently overbooked and wouldn't take her back on as a customer.

Another today who is on hold(owes 2 months). I explained she would have to settle the outstanding amount before we could make further callouts.

She told me she wouldn't let us park infront of her property when doing her neighbours and was dissatisfied with our service.

I said, "look I am self employed, I am a small business owner with one employee, we have been to your property 4 times, left 2 invoices, mailed a reminder by post, and now sent a reminder txt another month later. You can pay online, by cheque, signup to pay by DD or leave money with your neighbour. What more could we do to sataisfy you?". She is now going to send a cheque.

Do you guys feel customers get a bit more unreasonable at this time of year? Seems like it hits december and previously good customers go jekyll and hyde on you. I try to be patient, but the older I get the less I have for nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one who frustrated me recently. I wrote about him in another topic - cancelled me when i turned up on his drive. Anyway long story short i gave him another chance so i could bin another client with windows that were a total pig to clean. Along with being awkward he's also like Mr Gilbert from the inbetweeners so you can imagine how much i look forward to seeing him.

So I went to Mr Driveway last time on the next scheduled visit, did his windows, got paid and then he starts mumbling about next time and it being December. We left it that i'd call him when due and take it from there but i know he's going to cancel so hardly worth the phone minutes really. He seemed agitated by the thought of me arriving in December.

I got one who frustrated me recently. I wrote about him in another topic - cancelled me when i turned up on his drive. Anyway long story short i gave him another chance so i could bin another client with windows that were a total pig to clean. Along with being awkward he's also like Mr Gilbert from the inbetweeners so you can imagine how much i look forward to seeing him.

So I went to Mr Driveway last time on the next scheduled visit, did his windows, got paid and then he starts mumbling about next time and it being December. We left it that i'd call him when due and take it from there but i know he's going to cancel so hardly worth the phone minutes really. He seemed agitated by the thought of me arriving in December.
Think he’s going cancel cleans altogether? 

do you need the custom ?

if so skip him for December, he will be glad to see you in January,  that’s how I would go about that issue if I needed his money and custom,

would rather miss one clean then all the cleans 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had three in the last week. One was an inactive customer, who had the cheek to say she wasn't paying me for the work we have done(£30 we have been waiting nearly all year for) because we are currently overbooked and wouldn't take her back on as a customer.

Another today who is on hold(owes 2 months). I explained she would have to settle the outstanding amount before we could make further callouts.

She told me she wouldn't let us park infront of her property when doing her neighbours and was dissatisfied with our service.

I said, "look I am self employed, I am a small business owner with one employee, we have been to your property 4 times, left 2 invoices, mailed a reminder by post, and now sent a reminder txt another month later. You can pay online, by cheque, signup to pay by DD or leave money with your neighbour. What more could we do to sataisfy you?". She is now going to send a cheque.

Do you guys feel customers get a bit more unreasonable at this time of year? Seems like it hits december and previously good customers go jekyll and hyde on you. I try to be patient, but the older I get the less I have for nonsense.
Hy mate.25yrs on this job and nowt has changed.if u ask me windass need cleaning more often in winter.70% of my houses  are done fortnightly and in all that time iv had 2 cancelled on me.im pretty cheap and I'm a local man (friendly) and will go out of my way to help me customers,always finding time to chat.so maybe that's the secret to keeping customers.in 1994 I had 35 houses I now have 320 fortnightly roughly 30 odd a day.ppl can be awkward  at times.if that happens I politely ask them to find someone else.full of ups and downs this job!!

Latest Posts

Back