Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Taking the Mickey.

Windamon

25yrs on this job and it still erks me how ppl treat you.like one mon iv never met b4 in my life moves in new house asks for monthly clean.iv done job knocks on door for cash." When do u collect"? Fri night  pal I say.gets there fri note the guys not in.raging! Calls sat gets money off him.tells him find someone else.and the other ones who say sorry no change.well I have loads! I say.er pay you next time.swines!!seen ppl who owe me money in booze and they try to avoid me also.so embarrassing.you see were at the bottom of there list behind rent,mortgage, food,petrol etc yet they want there windass doin for nowt.iv been jacking this job in now for 24yrs but its it's strangely addictive. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I only attempt to collect payment once in the evening. Its just not worth it for small jobs if you have to drive back 2/3/4 times before you get paid. 

Maybe look into getting a website if you dont have one, and get them on go cardless, if they have never got cash on them.

or give each custy a 'invoice' (printed at home - just fill in blank on the job - name/service/£/next due date) With your banks details for them to do a  BACS transfer - it's free for custy and depending on your bank/account tariff likely to be free for you. They only need your a/c #, sort code, and they enter address ref etc..in your account in minutes...(or hours). .And for those of a 'certain age' who say - I don't do computers - have on the invoice your Cq Payee details, name and address and get them to post it to you. (but that all said gocardless is a massive leap forward)

or give each custy a 'invoice' (printed at home - just fill in blank on the job - name/service/£/next due date) With your banks details for them to do a  BACS transfer - it's free for custy and depending on your bank/account tariff likely to be free for you. They only need your a/c #, sort code, and they enter address ref etc..in your account in minutes...(or hours). .And for those of a 'certain age' who say - I don't do computers - have on the invoice your Cq Payee details, name and address and get them to post it to you. (but that all said gocardless is a massive leap forward)

This is is what I do works well apart from the jokers that uses such references as “ window cleaner” or Micky mouse “ I kid you not I have both used on payment references !!!! I have one large commercial job I do that use the reference 12345678 after being repeatedly asked to use there company name !!! Idiots 

I have an old girl who works in a charity shop during the day so never see her. I put a bill in and she sends a cheque straight away.

However, my surname is Garwood and she always puts Garfield on it.

This time, yesterday, I caught her in. I said “Look, I know I’m fat and ginger, but I’m not that cat”.

She had no idea what I was talking about ????‍??‍?

This is is what I do works well apart from the jokers that uses such references as “ window cleaner” or Micky mouse “ I kid you not I have both used on payment references !!!! I have one large commercial job I do that use the reference 12345678 after being repeatedly asked to use there company name !!! Idiots 
The window cleaner reference always makes me chuckle.  I can normally ID payments by process of elimination or name.  Thankfully 90% follow the instruction on the slip to put reference as first line of address.  Gotta laugh though ? 

Back