Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning the top of this wall

WCF

Help Support WCF:

purpleroad

spacer.png
what's the what's the best way to clean top if this wall?  

I left neat bleached on for 3 hrs then rinsed. Would a hypo mix brushed on by hand the  the tarmac and plants being constantly hosed before best way?

20191114_123123.jpg

spacer.png
what's the what's the best way to clean top if this wall?  

I left neat bleached on for 3 hrs then rinsed. Would a hypo mix brushed on by hand the  the tarmac and plants being constantly hosed before best way?

View attachment 18494

looks to me like a lot of paint is missing ? 
wet the wall and plant life down with the hose , then apply a hypo mix to the wall with sprayer or watering can  1 part  hypo to 4 parts  water  , leave for 15-20 muinits re apply give a light rub with wfp or broom  re apply if needed leave again , scrub rinse should come up fine and killed all algi it’s then clean to re paint 

Last edited by a moderator:
looks to me like a lot of paint is missing ? 
wet the wall and plant life down with the hose , then apply a hypo mix to the wall with sprayer or watering can  1 part  hypo to 4 parts  water  , leave for 15-20 muinits re apply give a light rub with wfp or broom  re apply if needed leave again , scrub rinse should come up fine and killed all algi it’s then clean to re paint 

I guess the wall vertical part would be trickier to keep too much hypo from bleaching tarmac 

I guess the wall vertical part would be trickier to keep too much hypo from bleaching tarmac 
Just wet the tarmac down before applying the hypo and wet down again after , if there is any moss Pickens etc on the tarmac kit will probably kill it right by the wall but provided you keep the tarmac wetted during the whole process you won’t bleach it , we do loads like this and never had a problem 

I definitely second Pjj on that and In some situations I would use clear plastic film cover to separate the greens from hypo but that just me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back