Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What’s best to clean these frames up please

T Doe

Iv been asked to clean the windows and frames on a building that’s just been built. I can clean the glass up ok it’s just the frames are not coming up at all. What would you recommend to use please? 
Thanks 

602BB30C-F4D6-45CA-A907-1F88C95B0397.jpeg

4F69C5E1-757B-43C4-87EF-11F2EA351F4C.jpeg

CC4EEAB8-30D3-4A70-9F7A-2EFDF549C608.jpeg

Iv been asked to clean the windows and frames on a building that’s just been built. I can clean the glass up ok it’s just the frames are not coming up at all. What would you recommend to use please? 
Thanks 

View attachment 18508

View attachment 18509

View attachment 18510

lol that last picture is a beauty, that’s a walk away job to be fair , if it comes up ok you will be lucky , be careful they don’t try and accuse you of scratching or damaging the glass if that is cement and it’s been on there any length of time the damage is irreversible, the glass at the least will be etched , been there done that type of work won’t do it again , honestly it’s not worth the aggravation 

Cheers for the advice guys. Yes you would think they would tape up the windows but it’s another one of them, it’s not my problem. 
Iv cleaned the glass up well enough it’s just the window sills now, it’s the over spray from the render.
Iv tried cement off and various other chemicals at no success. 

Cheers for the advice guys. Yes you would think they would tape up the windows but it’s another one of them, it’s not my problem. 
Iv cleaned the glass up well enough it’s just the window sills now, it’s the over spray from the render.
Iv tried cement off and various other chemicals at no success. 
The line has probably eaten into the surface causing permanent damage and staining , it likes burns the surface 

Sorry I meant the window ledge. Iv used scourers etc but it’s really hard graft getting it clean. Just seeing if there is anything that will help. 

Sorry I meant the window ledge. Iv used scourers etc but it’s really hard graft getting it clean. Just seeing if there is anything that will help. 
I think you have tried all the obvious ones that I would have tried 

Try a bit of killrock limescale remover.

Sell it in the range.

For removing limescale but is diluted hydrochloric acid so will dissolve cement/ render.

I have done two builder cleans on new properties.  High quoted work.  In my short time on the glass all I can say is 'never again'.  I am sure others do them all the time.  My two experiences taught me that builders will do anything not to pay you and come up with ridiculous excuses.  The work also takes forever and I just won't do them anymore.  Might as well get paid for doing domestic jobs than busting a nut for builder bob.

I have done two builder cleans on new properties.  High quoted work.  In my short time on the glass all I can say is 'never again'.  I am sure others do them all the time.  My two experiences taught me that builders will do anything not to pay you and come up with ridiculous excuses.  The work also takes forever and I just won't do them anymore.  Might as well get paid for doing domestic jobs than busting a nut for builder bob.

I agree. Builders cleans can be very profitable (up to £600 a day) but they are a PITA to do. A lot of the sites/properties are filthy too and you get covered in muck. Just turned one down that I quoted and got at a good price but decided against it. December is always my busiest month and I don't want to get behind with my own customers, just to incorporate big one-offs. Planning to take some time off over Xmas, so need to be up-to-date and ahead of my work! 

Good luck with it, let us know how you get on ?

One builder threatened to do me in as wanted me to come back and clean windows again 8 weeks after I had done them but for free obviously I said would charge them he went mental said I shouldn't be earning  40 an hour... crazy

Back