laddergarder

Mutant spiders gives me the jeebies

laddergarder

The size of some of the spiders I see these days are horrifying. I could make out the hairs on this ones legs.

Anyone else have mild agoraphobia when you come across a seemily mutant spider, compared to the normal house/bath spiders we get.spacer.png

20191128_135234.jpg

Edited by laddergarder

ks789
2 minutes ago, laddergarder said:

The size of some of the spiders I see these days are horrifying. I could make out the hairs on this ones legs.

Anyone else have mild agoraphobia when you come across a seemily mutant spider, compared to the normal house/bath spiders we get.spacer.png

20191128_135234.jpg

I recently had to do the insides of this place that hadnt been lived in a while. In several of the upstairs rooms there were colonies of young spiders, all around the windows. Im fairly sure they were the false widow variety which are spreading round the country. People have had bad reactions from bites off them. They arent that big, black, with a small white shape on their back. I wasnt too fussed, my biggest fear is hornets. I break the 3 minute mile when they bother, look a right wally 🤣

Skxawng

Spiders don't stop growing apparently so just get bigger and bigger the older they are. Think you've found a veteran there!

Den

My son was bite by a false widow last year, his arm was as large as a balloon stayed swollen for a three days and was very sponge like.

He was bitten again this year think it could have been a false widow again this time his leg and had the same reaction. 

Dave B

Got bit by a false widow a couple years ago on my knee while on a flat roof doing a conservatory. 

Had to get pills off doctor as had a massive pussey growth on my knee.

Took a whole month to clear up.

Dave B

No native spiders are known to be able to penetrate human skin apart from the odd big wolf spider so chances are if you get bit it's not gonna be fun.

Tango

We got loads of the false widows here. When we first moved in the back fence would be littered with hundreds of them every evening - I kid you not it was similar to the film Arachnophobia - literally a long chain of them all over the place. Spent several evenings with an old shoe killing off the vast majority of them. They still keep breeding out there so I still end up out there every few weeks killing off a few but they're gradually vanishing. I did see a huge one a few months back, went to kill it but it scurried away under the fence. It was massive for a false widow - clearly the one making all the babies lol. Also got them in the garage too.. needless to say when i go in there i take a torch with me to inspect all around the doorway for threats before i venture further in.. lol

Bart90

Funny you should post this today; I had a spider in my porridge this morning. Nearly ate the flipin thing 😂