Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone else got famous family?

Dave B

Staff member
This is my nans uncle.

Ex heavyweight world champion boxer.

Also have a cousin quite famous for murdering his wife but won't talk about that ??

https://youtu.be/5clfV1gZV0A

It's where I get my love of boxing from.

Dave B said:
This is my nans uncle.

The dude with no hair lol.

Also have a cousin quite famous for murdering his wife but won't talk about that ??

Last edited by a moderator:
No famous family but back in the day i copped off with the singer Kelly Overett from early 90s dance act Capella in Hollywoods night club in Ipswich.

She was a munter

This will put a smile on some peoples faces, my Grandfather was the worlds renown expert on Mushroom growing. He was awarded the MBE and, I think the French Order of Merit, for his services to the Mushroom Industry. Wrote 2 books and was made the lifelong President or Chairman of the Mushroom Growers Federation. We don't know where his medals went but do know he died skint because of a dodgy accountant and died of Cirrhosis Of The Liver, as he liked a bottle or 2 of whiskey a day. 

My late 11 year old nephew Fredi he was probably the best Human I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

He was one of the great ormand street faces often on TV, had dinner with london major discussing congestion etc, regularly went out with different pop stars including one direction and made good friends with Tommy Mallet the designer together designed a pair of trainers for a Charity of his choice, unfortunately he passed away a month or so before they were released so didn't see the finished project?They sold out the same day of release. 

He also had a great of love of natural and was very inquisitive really was a extra special person. 

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/tommy-mallets-heartbreaking-tribute-boy-2883585

https://mallet.com/blogs/mallet-journal/mallet-x-fredi

This is my nans uncle.

Great Champion waited 100 years for another heavyweight British champ of the world then came along like buses lol

Mchael Bent, Herbie Hyde, Frank Bruno and Lennox Lewis. 

This is my nans uncle.

I come from a boxing town lots of fighters Howard Winston ( European and commonwealth champion was my school bus driver!) johnny Owen ( died in the ring in world championship fight in the 80’s nick name ’the matchstick man’) and fighter/ trainer Eddie Thomas grew up in my neighborhood. My grandfather was allegedly a bare knuckle fighter but that's family word of mouth not back so who knows but my dad could throw some shapes when needed too.

Love boxing some friends were decent amateur boxers We’d support at local bouts.

Famous family member; My niece seams to be breaking into mainstream pop music see the links below.

The coca cola event she sang in front of last Christmas there were tens of thousands attending. she lives in New Zealand so we don't see much of here in the uk yet but has recently signed to a USA record label that looks promising.

Great Champion waited 100 years for another heavyweight British champ of the world then came along like buses lol

Mchael Bent, Herbie Hyde, Frank Bruno and Lennox Lewis. 
Herbie Hyde was a woman beating scum dag, used to walk round Norwich with a puffed out chest until in the Artful Dodger one one night he got sparked out with 1 punch by a 15yo traveller boy.

True story

Herbie Hyde was a woman beating scum dag, used to walk round Norwich with a puffed out chest until in the Artful Dodger one one night he got sparked out with 1 punch by a 15yo traveller boy.

True story
Yeah heard the stories piece of shittee defo a scumbag couldn't agree more but he was still heavy weight champ of the world a very prestigious title and one that dont come easy.

Yeah heard the stories piece of shittee defo a scumbag couldn't agree more but he was still heavy weight champ of the world a very prestigious title and one that dont come easy.
Yeah true but imagine being a 15yr old lad and being able to say you sparked out a world champ with one punch though ???

Yeah true but imagine being a 15yr old lad and being able to say you sparked out a world champ with one punch though ???
Lol ???

I know a lot in the traveling community some of them young lads are massive and very handy have a few friends that are ex aba champions.

Look at Mike Tyson he probably could have knocked out a lot of champions at 15 but at that age most if not almost entirely all start dating,drinking and smoking then the boxing falls to the side. 

My adopted mums side of the family are clarks and harris's and are related to stevie harris of Iron maiden fame. Met him when i was a nipper, but they werent famous then. We used to see his nan more often. Minted as he was in the end, and offering her anything she still kept being the pub cleaner for a living bless her

Lol, hope he washed his hands my fingers stunk ?????

You Ipswich born n bred?
actually live in woodbridge but put ipswich as no ones probably heard of woodbridge, we moved here from south benfleet (southend) when i was young. lived in ippy a short while but we used to go clubbing/pubbing there a lot. I forget who it was, might've been one of our old scooter mates got off with her, she was local i think.

actually live in woodbridge but put ipswich as no ones probably heard of woodbridge, we moved here from south benfleet (southend) when i was young. lived in ippy a short while but we used to go clubbing/pubbing there a lot. I forget who it was, might've been one of our old scooter mates got off with her, she was local i think.
Yeah she was a whithouse girl, proper skanky tbh.

I used to go libertys and Hollywoods regular as clockwork, both closed now i think.

Had a few decent tear ups in both lol.

Do you remember the head doorman at hollywoods a huge goon called Lee, i got bevvied in station hotel one night and clobbered him and he swatted me.like a fly literally backhanded the life out of me ???

Yeah she was a whithouse girl, proper skanky tbh.

I used to go libertys and Hollywoods regular as clockwork, both closed now i think.

Had a few decent tear ups in both lol.

Do you remember the head doorman at hollywoods a huge goon called Lee, i got bevvied in station hotel one night and clobbered him and he swatted me.like a fly literally backhanded the life out of me ???
ha yeh thats the trouble, yeh I remember him. yeh its shut now. occasionally get a good night down ippy, Its become a worse dive nowdays though. was down there saturday, about 20 old bill cars and vans down norwich road and london road, it was rival Roma families fighting, about 50 of them. They all shop lift and the police rarely nick them. if they move next door, your house is unsellable lol.

I’m not sure how far back we are willing to go...but... as the story has been passed down through generations, we were once a very wealthy family who came over with william the conquerers lot, lords & ladies had a lot of land titles etc up north, stayed that way for a while. Then...the family backed the wrong side in the english civil war (backed the king) and lost the lot, and have been common folk ever since ? i cant prove any of it as the family tree And coat of arms are stuffed away in some distant relatives loft i imagine, i vaguely remember seeing something of some validity around age 10 or less but this is a looong time ago and no-one really talks about it anymore so...?‍♂️ I Could be mistaken. 
saying that the worlds population was a lot less way back then so the chances are many of us are descended from somebody recognizable if you were to go back far enough

I’m not sure how far back we are willing to go...but... as the story has been passed down through generations, we were once a very wealthy family who came over with william the conquerers lot, lords & ladies had a lot of land titles etc up north, stayed that way for a while. Then...the family backed the wrong side in the english civil war (backed the king) and lost the lot, and have been common folk ever since ? i cant prove any of it as the family tree And coat of arms are stuffed away in some distant relatives loft i imagine, i vaguely remember seeing something of some validity around age 10 or less but this is a looong time ago and no-one really talks about it anymore so...?‍♂️ I Could be mistaken. 
saying that the worlds population was a lot less way back then so the chances are many of us are descended from somebody recognizable if you were to go back far enough
 Take Danny dyer eg, if anyones seen that prog. Made me laugh that did, got himself one of those ruff things they wore round their necks, and doing this funny tudor dance with his family . I think, didnt they work out that everyone is directly descended from the same female line if you go right back? fascinating stuff. 

Take Danny dyer eg, if anyones seen that prog. Made me laugh that did, got himself one of those ruff things they wore round their necks, and doing this funny tudor dance with his family . I think, didnt they work out that everyone is directly descended from the same female line if you go right back? fascinating stuff. 
I haven’t seen that one dude. I like him in the business though. Great film that is ?

Back