Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Vac pole lengths

Chriscp

Looking at buying Skyvac atom, what pole lengths would people who already have the skyvac advise.. Iam looking at doing residential properties for now, no three storeys.

Thanks

Okay cheers,

what would you charge for your average two up two down terrace house just out of interest? 
That's why I'm 99% Commercial, where I live the local trad guys will do them for a tenner a side. My target price is £50 per man hour so if 2 of us turn up a £100 an hour, with a £50 minimum charge. By the time you've loaded the van with the extra gear you need to be charging a good rate

Cheers, I was looking at charging £40 upwards per terraced to start off with,maybe I should up it, I was quoted £70 On a similar property.They are charging £15 to clean the windows on a terrace round here, so could probably get away with it. Just ordered Vac, next step is to get my Gopro mounted on it, any suggestions for a clamp? Don't really want to start drilling into the nozzles...

Cheers, I was looking at charging £40 upwards per terraced to start off with,maybe I should up it, I was quoted £70 On a similar property.They are charging £15 to clean the windows on a terrace round here, so could probably get away with it. Just ordered Vac, next step is to get my Gopro mounted on it, any suggestions for a clamp? Don't really want to start drilling into the nozzles...
I think @THL4KELsuggests using jubilee clips, I'm sure he'll be along soon saying different ?

Price for terrace depends on what's in them and the time of year. Like now it's getting to the point where it's freezing and everything in the gutter will soon be solid.. That can make it a very long job.

I know you say you have ordered but just to give you my opinion - get the longest set you can , i think if your buying a gutter vac why limit yourself to only 2 floors ? the Atom is awsome for little 2 story jobs but it still holds its own at 40ft and thats where the money is .

If a ladder cant reach it the vac can justify a good price for your time, 

i bought the atom and the first two jobs i did were both at 30/40 foot, total work time was less than 6 hours out my door and back home and i was in profit - having the extra lenth of pole tube paid for the vac and themselves .

Pricing aside if you have the longer pole set your not limited and have a bigger scope for work.

@Chriscp no worries , its still a great bit of kit my advice now would be make sure your customers know you have it and offer them the chance to have it done before the wet weather comes in . ?

I havent got a camera , i will get one though i just havent yet, im not bothered about having an all singing all dancing one personally just a cheap one that allows me to have a better idea whats going on and so im 100 percent iv cleared all the debris- you can feel it but i think its good to see ,

Iv not had it long but i use it alot - once if not twice a week easily , I always used ladders to clear gutters and for some reason in the past 3 years iv really lost my guts with them , so since having the vac i just mention to my customers iv been really busy clearing gutter because its a good time to do it and iv got this great machine and they usually say actually mine need doing ...... and so i book another Job ! .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B012UN43M0?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title# 

Its perfect 

Back