Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New brush dupont

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/new-water-genie-dupont-sill-brush-27cm-6400-p.asp

Anyone any experience with this brush? 

It has 4 holes for pencil jets, I'm looking to get 4 1.4mm pencil jets. 

Does the valve holes on the brush hold a 2mm valve same ss 1.4 valve, or will I need smaller holes on brush for 1.4 mm pencil jets, thanks

It doesn't look like The Cleaning Warehouse do 1.4mm jets.

These jets look like the ones we used to get years ago with Vikan oval brushes. They required a much bigger hose to the jet than say the older Gardner 1.4 and 2mm jets do. Hence I would say that in all likely hood, the jet holes in this brush head are much bigger and the jets not interchangeable if you were thinking of Gardiners.

It doesn't look like The Cleaning Warehouse do 1.4mm jets.

These jets look like the ones we used to get years ago with Vikan oval brushes. They required a much bigger hose to the jet than say the older Gardner 1.4 and 2mm jets do. Hence I would say that in all likely hood, the jet holes in this brush head are much bigger and the jets not interchangeable if you were thinking of Gardiners.
Thanks for the reply mate. 

Have you used the brush before, could I possibly drill my own holes an get the 4way t connector? 

Looks a good sturdy brush 

Haha heavy then bud, I'm young an strong so I wouldn't mind extra weight, it seems a real good brush. 

What do you think? 
Honestly wouldn’t know ? I do like DuPont brush I often use an ultimate DuPont hybrid it permanently on my bungalow pole. 

Cant speak for the one you are asking about but I do like Gardiner medium soft and medium bristles especially the extremes I find for maintenance cleans they are great as they have very little splay super light, being in mind (it’s been said on here many times) brushes are a very personal choice.

we was all young and strong at one time but please take a little advice now there is no need to use heavy brushes when there’s is lighter alternatives about that do a perfectly good job, your body will appreciated when your older ?

Honestly wouldn’t know ? I do like DuPont brush I often use an ultimate DuPont hybrid it permanently on my bungalow pole. 

Cant speak for the one you are asking about but I do like Gardiner medium soft and medium bristles especially the extremes I find for maintenance cleans they are great as they have very little splay super light, being in mind (it’s been said on here many times) brushes are a very personal choice.

we was all young and strong at one time but please take a little advice now there is no need to use heavy brushes when there’s is lighter alternatives about that do a perfectly good job, your body will appreciated when your older ?
Thank you for the reply mate, it says the brush is 280g not that heavy. 

Personal choice I suppose, I like the look of it so gona buy it way 4 prmencil jets, see how I get on. 

Personal choice I suppose, I like the look of it so gona buy it way 4 prmencil jets, see how I get on. 
Keep us updated. ?

with regards to using 4 x jets my personal choice is the extreme 35cm hybrid with 4 x 1.4mm 

Thanks for the reply mate. 

Have you used the brush before, could I possibly drill my own holes an get the 4way t connector? 

Looks a good sturdy brush 

No I haven't used one. I find the Gardiner sill brush at 225g heavy so I wouldn't buy one weighing 280g.

I'm a little confused how 4 jets are going to help you on a standard width brush like that.

But in answer to your question, yes, you can drill and fit your own jets. But the question is where the jets will come out. If there are bristles then they would need to be removed around the hole you drill so they don't get in the way of the rinse flow if you rinse with your brush off the glass. I can't remember what size the hole needs to be for Gardiner jets but I would have to order a special bit. My drill bits go up in 0.5mm increments. I think you need a 4.8mm hole for their jets.

Personally, on a brush that width I would leave the jets as 2mm. I've seen fellow window cleaners fit 4 jets in a standard brush. When they replace the brush they go back to 2 jets.

If you think you need a wider spray pattern then consider a pair of fan jets.

My lad wanted 2 x 1.4mm jets in one of the brushes I bought for his pole. He felt it would help him reduce water consumption using a backpack. He asked me to remove them a couple of days later and fit 2mm jets in their place.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brush-fittings-jets-sockets-scrapers/brass-pencil-jets-half-jet-size-1-4mm-x2.html

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brush-fittings-jets-sockets-scrapers/t-push-fit-4-way-brush-connector-with-jet-hose.html

It will feel like you have moby d**k on the end of the pole doing high work. After long days, over a period of time RSI or worse will kick in... it is inevitable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
No I haven't used one. I find the Gardiner sill brush at 225g heavy so I wouldn't buy one weighing 280g.

I'm a little confused how 4 jets are going to help you on a standard width brush like that.

But in answer to your question, yes, you can drill and fit your own jets. But the question is where the jets will come out. If there are bristles then they would need to be removed around the hole you drill so they don't get in the way of the rinse flow if you rinse with your brush off the glass. I can't remember what size the hole needs to be for Gardiner jets but I would have to order a special bit. My drill bits go up in 0.5mm increments. I think you need a 4.8mm hole for their jets.

Personally, on a brush that width I would leave the jets as 2mm. I've seen fellow window cleaners fit 4 jets in a standard brush. When they replace the brush they go back to 2 jets.

If you think you need a wider spray pattern then consider a pair of fan jets.

My lad wanted 2 x 1.4mm jets in one of the brushes I bought for his pole. He felt it would help him reduce water consumption using a backpack. He asked me to remove them a couple of days later and fit 2mm jets in their place.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brush-fittings-jets-sockets-scrapers/brass-pencil-jets-half-jet-size-1-4mm-x2.html

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brush-fittings-jets-sockets-scrapers/t-push-fit-4-way-brush-connector-with-jet-hose.html
Thank you @spruce for the detailed reply.

My aim really is for the best rinse as possible, so I was thinking 4 smaller jets for a wider flow, but as you've pointed out the brush is a normal size, but I'd still like to get it done. 

I use a gardiner sill brush at minute, I must go an check to see the weights of these other brushes to compare. 

I could possibly go for a longer brush to accomadate the 4 jets, which longer brush would you recommend, the longer brush must be a lot heavier than smaller brush? 

My aim really is for the best rinse as possible, so I was thinking 4 smaller jets for a wider flow, but as you've pointed out the brush is a normal size, but I'd still like to get it done. 

I use a gardiner sill brush at minute, I must go an check to see the weights of these other brushes to compare. 

I could possibly go for a longer brush to accomadate the 4 jets, which longer brush would you recommend, the longer brush must be a lot heavier than smaller brush? 
Glue two extreme 35cm brushes and you will still be lighter than the brush you are considering lol. 

I only have one wider Gardiner 35cm brush with 4 x 1.4mm jets.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/35cm-14-brushes/ultimatetm-35cm-wide-brush-medium-soft-bristles.html

Its OK but I don't feel comfortable with it, mainly because I'm 'worn in' to standard width brushes. I use it occasionally but its not my go to brush. I bought it to try it on a large commercial job we do with large glass panes. Its very stable at height being wider but you do need to exert more pressure on the brush to get a good scrub.

Its also heavier than the Dupont Ultimate I have on my pole at present. It also weighs more and weight is important to me. But this is me. What I'm comfortable with you might not be, and that's OK. There's nothing wrong with that.

I have a few brushes on the van I swap about with as the job dictates. We also have another pole on the van with a flocked brush. Either of us can use it when cleaning leaded windows. Son prefers a stiff brush; I don't like using a stiff brush.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back