Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best length for pressure washer hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Incheck

Hi all, going through the gear having a bit of a sort out as i do in the winter. i have a clarke pls 195 pressure washer that has been our one & only for 5 years now for driveway cleaning. The hose that came with it is 8 meters and has got us by but it really isnt long enough & is now in poor condition. Looking to upgrade it to say 20 meters, with options online going up to 30 meters, im thinking 30 meters may be too long and would kick myself in the teeth especially on smaller properties which is the mainstay of our business as with larger driveways the cost often proves unnafordable to the customer so we mainly do small/medium drives less than 100 sqm. What size do hoses to you guys use or advise? Thanks dudes

I use 2 x 30m hoses and a 20m hose.

All fitted with quick connects.

Pressure washer is bolted down in the van though so need more hose.

Never needed as much as I have though on any job.

Did a commercial where I moved the van twice but that was easier that way.

I use 2 x 30m hoses and a 20m hose.

All fitted with quick connects.

Pressure washer is bolted down in the van though so need more hose.

Never needed as much as I have though on any job.

Did a commercial where I moved the van twice but that was easier that way.
Cheers fellas. I think i’ll go middle ground and get a 20-25, should be more than adequate without too much slack getting in the way all the time

Last edited by a moderator:
We’ve a hundred metres. Need a forklift to shift it. Better too much than too little!

Regularly work with hose lengths in excess of 150 metres.

I believe that through internal friction there is a loss of 23psi per 30 metre (100 feet) length of hose.

The math is easy to do for loss at the nozzle end.

Back