Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Scrim to buy

hello my friend,heavy duty unger scrim cloth is my prefrence,speaking as a trad WC that is. have tried the microfibre cloth,supposedly highly absobant but i dont like it. i must say tho i have seen the local beer token WC using a old white T shirt as a alternative, but yet too try this one out!

We use microfibres not scrim any decent brand is good we get ours of Mark Robbins at Wintecs, reasonable prices and good quality items 

The Americans talks a lot about these recycled surgical towels as they should be awsome sucking up fluids . been using glass microfibres for now , but gonna order some of these surgical ones from “Windocleaning Resourse ”in the US. Think its 12 for 8 dollars or so .. 

https://www.express-cleaning-supplies.co.uk/products/Window+Cleaning/Cloths/Unger+Giant+Microwipe+24+Inch+x+32+Inch/3560557444?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvdvO4_K15gIVBrDtCh1nnwnvEAQYCSABEgKhnfD_BwE

I cut these in half and use them for detailing and drying glass. For the sills and frames I use cut down towels or microfibre cloth. Never had any problem in the 2yrs I have been using them.

Early on I found that microfibre cloth is not that good for detailing. fwiw 
Fish scale ones are. Have a look for them online. Very good cloth for detailing.

The Americans talks a lot about these recycled surgical towels as they should be awsome sucking up fluids . been using glass microfibres for now , but gonna order some of these surgical ones from “Windocleaning Resourse ”in the US. Think its 12 for 8 dollars or so .. 
i am in canada, started off using a chamois then switched to huck (surgical towels). both of those wear out quickly, there is a reason they sell huck by the pound. went through many. i have used one unger scrim for the last 3 or 4 year and it still works great. in that time i would have used hundreds of huck towels.

Last edited by a moderator:
What cut ones? I get the large sized pre washed maybe 90 odd cm across. Fish scale microfiber are good on glass probably better than scrim but dont hold as much water

I have an OCD customer that I always need to use a fresh cloth each time I clean her windows. Good payer and I do 4 next to her or I would probably dodge her. It keeps me on my toes when I clean that street. The way I see it, a windy can never have enough cloths to rely on, especially dry ones. ?

I have an OCD customer that I always need to use a fresh cloth each time I clean her windows. Good payer and I do 4 next to her or I would probably dodge her. It keeps me on my toes when I clean that street. The way I see it, a windy can never have enough cloths to rely on, especially dry ones. ?
You have that system tho? Lol

I don't need more than a single scrim and cloth all week now cos of wfp. 

OCD.. they all get cleaned to the same standard here. By which I mean wfp and no complaints ?‍♂️

OCD.. they all get cleaned to the same standard here. By which I mean wfp and no complaints ?‍♂️

i agree, i use wfp for all outside work and now i use exelerator 2 with liquidator 2. i hardly ever need a detail cloth anymore but my info was based on old fashioned squeegees.

I trad bottoms a lot still as I enjoy it but don't really use my microfibers for anything more than wiping frames.

Don't need to detail anything and will scrub any stubborn marks with the end of my applicator while still blading the window off.

No need for detailing nowadays (well for years as I used to modify my own squeegees the same as Bob Hatt did before designing the liquidators).

That's how I can trad bottoms as quick as I could wfp them.

If you do need microfibers the glass cleaning ones from wilko are the best about at the moment.

I did them with the wfp and the 3 customers next to each other went mad so I returned to trad. Time difference was negligible and it doesn't bother me how I clean them. Half my customers are still trad like the care home because it takes to long with the hose all over the place because I can't park near the windows.

Back