Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Would you still be in this business

mike007

If say the green party wins the election (lol) and they bring a law in which says window cleaners and others must limit the amounts of water they use daily making it impossible to use wfp full time. Would you wfp window cleaners resort to Trad? or leave the business!!.

Well it'll be a miracle if they get in anyways. I'd prob go back to Trad, but I'd go back kicking and screaming and doing everything I could not to.

No I would consider court action stating that they are trying to force me to work in an unsafe manner , I don’t think the situation would ever apply to be honest . 

You would just say its rainwater and it would be very hard to police anyway. They would need to setup the water police in green uniforms and everyone would think they are extracting the urine. ?

If say the green party wins the election (lol) and they bring a law in which says window cleaners and others must limit the amounts of water they use daily making it impossible to use wfp full time. Would you wfp window cleaners resort to Trad? or leave the business!!.
i would ignore them and carry on as usual and tell customers i harvest rainwater........?

Wfp users would never be affected due to health and safety, there are far bigger impacts of water usage/consumption on our planet manufacturing across the board will have a massive impact and that includes agriculture, no doubt in the last 12-24 months and more we have seen 10's of 1,000's of litres of rainfall yet no plans for reservoirs, it has also been said that parts of wales may be under water within the next 7 years due to the amount of rainfall,

we won't have an issue with water if people make changes, individuals collectively, also those in power and the big money makers need to bring in the big changes, we also have to accept a certain amount of compromise with a fair amount of things in life, take the extinction rebellion protest's I have no doubt some of the young people involved are living with mummy and daddy and their ethics go out the window when they are been fed and watered at their parent's expense. 

Last edited by a moderator:
There would be no one to enforce it..But if it did happen I would just WFP the tops and trad the bottoms.

There would be no one to enforce it..But if it did happen I would just WFP the tops and trad the bottoms.

interesting post my friend,WFP the tops and trad the bottoms,how do you propose to do this with all the dripping water that you guys leave behind when you apply this system? would you do the bottoms holding a brolly in one hand ,and a squeegy in the other?  (laffin here).

interesting post my friend,WFP the tops and trad the bottoms,how do you propose to do this with all the dripping water that you guys leave behind when you apply this system? would you do the bottoms holding a brolly in one hand ,and a squeegy in the other?  (laffin here).
Start back left corner, clean all the top windows, then fetch the mop out. Would've stopped dripping by then, any more info on this modern technology feel free to ask. 

I've been doing it for ages.  Just brush the sill thoroughly if it's two up, two down.  If its bigger properties the drips have stopped by the time you go back to the first ground floor window.

Wfp users would never be affected due to health and safety, there are far bigger impacts of water usage/consumption on our planet manufacturing across the board will have a massive impact and that includes agriculture, no doubt in the last 12-24 months and more we have seen 10's of 1,000's of litres of rainfall yet no plans for reservoirs, it has also been said that parts of wales may be under water within the next 7 years due to the amount of rainfall,

we won't have an issue with water if people make changes, individuals collectively, also those in power and the big money makers need to bring in the big changes, we also have to accept a certain amount of compromise with a fair amount of things in life, take the extinction rebellion protest's I have no doubt some of the young people involved are living with mummy and daddy and their ethics go out the window when they are been fed and watered at their parent's expense. 

I remember hearing on the radio this year or last year, about government/council’s clamping down on water company’s & start fining them for the length of time it take the average burst water main to get repaired.
Can’t remember the exact figure but it was X amount of millions of litres of water wasted from burst pipes etc & sometimes it taking over 24hrs to fix. 

But answer to the question, no I wouldn’t trad upstairs, I’d keep all my low level work (about 10/15% of my work) an trad that on the side. 
Dunno what else I would do.

Sometimes thought about doing a lock smith course.? They all drive round in 18 plate Vw Transporters around here.

I remember hearing on the radio this year or last year, about government/council’s clamping down on water company’s & start fining them for the length of time it take the average burst water main to get repaired.
Can’t remember the exact figure but it was X amount of millions of litres of water wasted from burst pipes etc & sometimes it taking over 24hrs to fix. 
this should happen already really, the street outside had water seeping out for weeks despite a few people contacting the waterboard, they only got it sorted when I commented on their fb page in a post about water saving devices, since then any issues we had over the summer with our water supply and improvement works going on, they were on it in no time 

I think he knows the law cannot stop you because of health and safety, he’s talking metaphorically ?.

I would go back to fitting windows. Yes you still have to go up a ladder, but no where near as much.

I could never go back to trad full time. Too much like hard work ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Green parties all over the planet are only green to win elections. Water shortage? For real? Same stuff in Dublin. 2 days of heath and no more water. It bloody rains 300 days per year. You have 3000 km of sea around you. How can you not have water? 

Back