Mx19

Intermittent Pump Pressure loss (Univalve?)

Mx19

Hi All,

I'm looking to see if anyone can help with trouble shooting an issue I'm having. While working today my pressure kept dropping off intermittently (The pump showing DE on and off) It has never happened before and cant quite figure out why. I have a shurflo 100psi pump with controller and use a gardner pole with a univalve.

I have attached a video of what was going on, I'm thinking it could possibly be an issue with my univalve? When the pump is disconnected from hose reel it flows fine and I have tested flow all the way to the (New and not copy) rectus fitting at my diy hoseless system and it doesn't seem to be a problem. Also i noticed that it seemed to happen more when moving the pole....

Any help will be hugely appreciated!!

max

wezza13

I get this on cold mornings and all I do is recalibrate the controller and then it's fine. I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that you need to recalibrate when the temperature drastically changes.

In case you don't know:

Hold the UP and ENTER buttons for a few secs until it shows CAL.

Press DOWN until you get to AUTO (Just below 00)

Press ENTER and it'll start at 99 and work its way down until it's calibrated (yesterday mine stopped at 68)

Press ENTER to SET and it should solve it 👍

Mx19
6 minutes ago, wezza13 said:

I get this on cold mornings and all I do is recalibrate the controller and then it's fine. I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that you need to recalibrate when the temperature drastically changes.

In case you don't know:

Hold the UP and ENTER buttons for a few secs until it shows CAL.

Press DOWN until you get to AUTO (Just below 00)

Press ENTER and it'll start at 99 and work its way down until it's calibrated (yesterday mine stopped at 68)

Press ENTER to SET and it should solve it 👍

Amazing, i had no idea about calibrating... thanks so much. I'll give this a go next time im out!

wezza13
1 minute ago, maxbruffell said:

Amazing, i had no idea about calibrating... thanks so much. I'll give this a go next time im out!

I've only had my controller for a couple of months, the same pump and controller as you, and it really annoyed me the first time it did it lol

dazmond

calibration without a doubt.....set it higher.....

Mx19

Will do! I’m not out again until the 9th so will update then!

spruce
20 hours ago, maxbruffell said:

Hi All,

I'm looking to see if anyone can help with trouble shooting an issue I'm having. While working today my pressure kept dropping off intermittently (The pump showing DE on and off) It has never happened before and cant quite figure out why. I have a shurflo 100psi pump with controller and use a gardner pole with a univalve.

I have attached a video of what was going on, I'm thinking it could possibly be an issue with my univalve? When the pump is disconnected from hose reel it flows fine and I have tested flow all the way to the (New and not copy) rectus fitting at my diy hoseless system and it doesn't seem to be a problem. Also i noticed that it seemed to happen more when moving the pole....

Any help will be hugely appreciated!!

max

Looks like the same trouble I have - with my bladder. 😂

Sorry, I could resist that.

Mx19
On 06/12/2019 at 07:56, wezza13 said:

@maxbruffell Let us know if that works for you 👍

worked a treat! Thanks a lot!!

spruce
1 hour ago, maxbruffell said:

worked a treat! Thanks a lot!!

I wish my fix was as simple. 🤕