Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First job pricing help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We have a minimum set up fee of £150 that job would be that price .
That seems a fair price, not having done pressure washing, would you expect the customer to clear the area of wheelie bins, garden furniture etc, or is that priced into the job to do  that yourselves?

That seems a fair price, not having done pressure washing, would you expect the customer to clear the area of wheelie bins, garden furniture etc, or is that priced into the job to do  that yourselves?

We would generally move the stuff ourselves , clean then put it back 

I actually looked at that and thought that would be my price, I only do 1 or 2 a year for good window cleaning customers, and would expect @Pjj to be at least twice my price ?

The amount of black lichen on the slabs means two hits with neat hypo to remove it. God knows what pauls been smoking! ? Maybe he's wearing a santa suit and feel generous.

I just looked at it and thought it would take a couple of hours , our minimum price to get the stuff into the van is £150 so I would do it at that price , more is good though ?? I would try and get another job so go from one to the next . 

Its the first job like this for the op as well so obviously he’s keen tk get it and £200 is nice but would they pay that , at £150  he’s getting some money and experience 

Last edited by a moderator:
The amount of black lichen on the slabs means two hits with neat hypo to remove it. God knows what pauls been smoking! ? Maybe he's wearing a santa suit and feel generous.

Not nessaseraly we did this with one pass of the fsc and no hypo .

i experimented we did half the job by hypo and the other half without the results were the same , I did it as a long term test to see if the non hypo area would re grow quicker , so far about a year later there is no difference, 

E167FF20-9113-471E-B24A-5FF35D50DBC2.jpeg

4E053F29-780C-4228-AF85-F5D2CB4349AE.jpeg

Cheers all, went in at £175 & got it for the new year. What % hypo would you recommend? Cheers ??
 10%-15% strength hypo dilute it 4 or 5 parts water to 1 part hypo  wet the area down first then apply the hypo mix leave for up to 40 muinits pressure wash re do any spots rinse job done , just be aware hypo doesn’t work as fast in sub 10 degree temperatures 

You can come and do my sandstone paving for a £150 if you need the experience with sandstone ? 

Lol don’t need the experience thanks ????

I used to use a caustic soda solution when cleaning sandstone. Worked great.

Definitely need gloves and goggles though!

Back