Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What van insurance are people using

Hi who is everyone with there van insurance  I am with Alexander Swan and it's just gone from £400 to £730. I've got a 800L tank in the back thanks 

Ime with them as well , I have a 1000 ltr tank and mine has stayed the same at the same premium fir the last 3 years 

I think you will find it’s due to where you live I have friends who live in your area and there premiums have gone up a lot as well , for cars and vans , due to it being classed as a high risk area , surprisingly liskeard and looe are evan dearer  

I think some insurer's try to chance it, I now get on the phone and barter them down, I am with Admiral and found them the cheapest and the tank is declared and it's in black and white on my document's, I think I pay around £360, I have 350ltr tank fitted, over a year a go I phoned Aviva they wanted around £1,300 I think it was ?

You must be paying through the nose ?

For van insurance, system insurance and all equipment carried  in van, and replacement van with hot system in the event of an accident Ime paying   £480 that’s on a new for old police with all the system being covered for 16k plus’s all Poles new for  old and I have that in writing should be van be stolen I get current market value for the van and a guarantee payout  of 16k fir the system plus the poles etc, I think that’s good value for money 

For van insurance, system insurance and all equipment carried  in van, and replacement van with hot system in the event of an accident Ime paying   £480 that’s on a new for old police with all the system being covered for 16k plus’s all Poles new for  old and I have that in writing should be van be stolen I get current market value for the van and a guarantee payout  of 16k fir the system plus the poles etc, I think that’s good value for money 

That's a very good price.

Alexander swan quoted me recently and were more expensive than my current insurance with Aplan.

It must be a special discount for those who have ionic tanks ?  mine isn't up for renewal till next October, I will maybe give them a call when it's due 

I fell into an issue with multi vehicle insurance. I started off with my car at Aviva at full no claims and added my Citroen Relay at full no claims. I also added my Peugeot Boxer but I had no no claims bonus on the Boxer.

I sold the car and put the Relay on SORN and cancelled the insurance. In the meantime my Boxer generated 2 years no claims. I had to wait for the expiry of the original insurance before they would transfer my full no claims onto the Boxer.

The Insurance premium with the updated no claims didn't make that much of a difference to my insurance cost. My insurance was £250 and the refund on the additional no claims was £27 bringing the insurance down to £223.

I used to be with Alexander Swann,

kept on going up every year last quote they wanted £618, fished around now with Lloyd’s £380.

and I live in a quiet village A Swann just take the ****.

Latest Posts

Back