Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner CLX 27 - turning to the dark side ( wfp )

Grant1793

Hi everyone, 

So I’m making the move to the dark side ( wfp ) very early stages so I’m looking to purchase a Gardiner CLX 27 - I just need help with ... 

Brush head 

Brush Jets 

Hose Connector 

basically all the other options for a start up... some advice would be great I’m going to start with a Gardiner back pack and few 25 l containers ... if the demands there then eventually upgrade to a in van system etc... just testing waters ... m

any advice would be great guys! https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/pole-clx-27.html

ECD57CB7-DDCB-4417-9017-C3B622379DD3.png

Hi everyone, 

So I’m making the move to the dark side ( wfp ) very early stages so I’m looking to purchase a Gardiner CLX 27 - I just need help with ... 

Brush head 

Brush Jets 

Hose Connector 

basically all the other options for a start up... some advice would be great I’m going to start with a Gardiner back pack and few 25 l containers ... if the demands there then eventually upgrade to a in van system etc... just testing waters ... m

any advice would be great guys! https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/pole-clx-27.html

View attachment 18575
Good choice mate. 

Brush is personal but maybe start with something simple. Brush guide might help:

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/brush-suitability-guide.html

Personally love this brush but she’s heavy:

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/super-lite-radius-sill-brushes/universaltm-medium-soft-brush-coming-soon.html

Start with 2mm Pencil Jets. 

EZ snap male plug. On your backpack spec female EZ snap coupling (EZ Snap Female Coupling). 

49292AC0-3D5B-45F2-A646-5510C0212609.png

E17C7721-5CA4-4DE2-AD4A-E6021DB5AD4C.png

Last edited by a moderator:
 This is a good starter pole imho.

If you buy a Gardiner backpack they ask you what fitting you require on the end of the hose. I would order an EZ snap female connector.

Now you will ask for the male EZ snap connector on the pole hose when you order the pole.

Standard QuicK-Loq angle adapter

Brush ??? This is difficult as brushes are very personal. I would opt for;

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/ultimate-brushes/ultimatetm-brush-medium-bristles.html

and also add another flocked brush

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/ultimate-brushes/ultimatetm-flocked-brush-now-in.html

for leaded windows.

Jets. ??? I would start with 2mm pencil jets but you do have the choice of 1.4mm pencil jets. I wouldn't try fan jets atm.

Pole hose ??? depends if you are going to fit a univalve from Exceed Innovations.

You still need a pure water source; either buy it in or filter it yourself.

Make sure you buy at least 3 brushes to begin with. When I started wfp I only had one brush which I used for everything. After a pvc clean I decided to clean windows forgetting the brush was covered in degreaser. All the glass I cleaned was left streaky by the degreaser and it turned out a nightmare. Ended up going back to trad to keep them all happy. Now I have a designated degreaser brush which I swap over after first clean or pvc clean. It was actually a good lesson for me because I will never forget that week when I cleaned windows 3 times in one week. ?

Good choice mate. 

Brush is personal but maybe start with something simple. Brush guide might help:

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/brush-suitability-guide.html

Personally love this brush but she’s heavy:

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/super-lite-radius-sill-brushes/universaltm-medium-soft-brush-coming-soon.html

Start with 2mm Pencil Jets. 

EZ snap male plug. On your backpack spec female EZ snap coupling (EZ Snap Female Coupling). 

Ezysnap female on your backpack and male ezysnap on your pole.

Are you not out today Alexandro? Weather horrendous up here. Yesterday I told my customers there will be a £1 increase to £6 from April because I now have to pay Tax and no one was bothered. I think it was because of the Tax issue that no one questioned it. £6 will be my minimum price now and eventually I want to get it up to £8. ?

This is a good starter pole imho.

If you buy a Gardiner backpack they ask you what fitting you require on the end of the hose. I would order an EZ snap female connector.

Now you will ask for the male EZ snap connector on the pole hose when you order the pole.

Standard QuicK-Loq angle adapter

Brush ??? This is difficult as brushes are very personal. I would opt for;

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/ultimate-brushes/ultimatetm-brush-medium-bristles.html

and also add another flocked brush

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/ultimate-brushes/ultimatetm-flocked-brush-now-in.html

for leaded windows.

Jets. ??? I would start with 2mm pencil jets but you do have the choice of 1.4mm pencil jets. I wouldn't try fan jets atm.

Pole hose ??? depends if you are going to fit a univalve from Exceed Innovations.

You still need a pure water source; either buy it in or filter it yourself.
So after everyone’s comments I’ve gone with the attached pics below thoughts? 

ive selected to purchase 2nd set of brushes ( flocked ) 

I will then purchase the back pack and I should be well away?! Anything else needed ?!

AC756BE9-D2A5-4C3B-B49A-66D74BBAC487.png

B7DAA214-9203-420D-B2CD-6EC46C2BF1CD.png

Also would this be any good? 30 litre??

View attachment 18580

No don't touch it!

It isn't suitable for window cleaning. Its more focused as a short blast pressure washer.

You need something that has variable speeds and that's battery will last a full working day rather than 45 minutes and 3 hours to charge.

Go for the Gardiner backpack is my advice.

Buying that Maxblast will be a waste of money. They advertise it with a 20' pole with a squeegee on the back for £199.00.???

No don't touch it!

It isn't suitable for window cleaning. Its more focused as a short blast pressure washer.

You need something that has variable speeds and that's battery will last a full working day rather than 45 minutes and 3 hours to charge.

Go for the Gardiner backpack is my advice.

Buying that Maxblast will be a waste of money. They advertise it with a 20' pole with a squeegee on the back for £199.00.???
Thank you after reading reviews your correct! Is my basket on Gardiner for the pole ok?!

If @Grant1793 wanted to add a Univalve Alex then I believe the PU hose is suitable. I didn't make that suggestion of the hose because of that.
So my order is ok remember this is all new to me! With that order can I connect up my Gardiner back pack to my Gardiner pole?!

another question is £15 quid good for 300 litres of pure water?!

I started with a clx27 and backpack @Grant1793 infact I still use the backpack daily for my rounds, never missed a beat so I'm getting a back up incase the worse should happen. 

Still have and use the clx with fan jets and ultimate brush head but upgraded to a Extreme 22 a bout six weeks ago, night and day difference working with that.

so my advice if you can stretch to a SLX or even a Extreme then go for it.

Ana said:
I started with a clx27 and backpack @Grant1793 infact I still use the backpack daily for my rounds, never missed a beat so I'm getting a back up incase the worse should happen. Mounted to a sack truck so I can get about a property but half the time I park close enough to use it as a van mount along with a hose and reel.

Still have and use the clx with fan jets and ultimate brush head but upgraded to a Extreme 22 a bout six weeks ago, night and day difference working with that. Do 90/95% of my work with it.

so my advice if you can stretch to a SLX or even a Extreme then go for it.

So my order is ok remember this is all new to me! With that order can I connect up my Gardiner back pack to my Gardiner pole?!

another question is £15 quid good for 300 litres of pure water?!
No, because you need pole hose to do that.

To start with buying in water is probably the best option until you get going. This is about what Spotless Water charge.

I don't know what prices are in your area but my son recons on a standard 3 bed semi without conservatory for a full Gardiner Backpack.

So if your area will tolerate £12 to £15 a house, your costs will be covered for 300 liters pretty quickly. You do have to bear in mind you will use more water on first cleans. Water usage per house will also reduce with experience.

I would also invest in a sack truck with nice wheels. My son will carry the backpack no problem but I can't these days. If I have to use the backpack for a couple of windows I will empty most of the water out before carrying it.

No, because you need pole hose to do that.

To start with buying in water is probably the best option until you get going. This is about what Spotless Water charge.

I don't know what prices are in your area but my son recons on a standard 3 bed semi without conservatory for a full Gardiner Backpack.

So if your area will tolerate £12 to £15 a house, your costs will be covered for 300 liters pretty quickly. You do have to bear in mind you will use more water on first cleans. Water usage per house will also reduce with experience.

I would also invest in a sack truck with nice wheels. My son will carry the backpack no problem but I can't these days. If I have to use the backpack for a couple of windows I will empty most of the water out before carrying it.
Thanks I did look into a sack truck and most likely will be investing. 

ah I see, good to know and makes me feel that bit more confident with advice etc 

ok, so what pole hose do I need? 

Back