Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

enquiries please help me with this

WCF

Help Support WCF:

new enquiries and the gender i'm curious whether its mostly women or men that makes the initial enqu

• Total voters

kevinc250

hi everyone, I wonder if you could just spend a few mins and reply to my post,  its about enquiries  when you get them via phone email or website etc are they more from females or men?

i'm trying to work out the ratio and while it'll make no sense to some of you I am trying to see if my research is correct.

many thanks kevin

hi everyone, I wonder if you could just spend a few mins and reply to my post,  its about enquiries  when you get them via phone email or website etc are they more from females or men?

i'm trying to work out the ratio and while it'll make no sense to some of you I am trying to see if my research is correct.

many thanks kevin
just looking through customer list, its actually amazing the number of singles. Often elderly ladies. but where theres a couple Im finding its more the woman than the man who contacts.

I find for window cleaning it’s more women that contact us , but for gutter vaccing it’s mainly men , softwashing and pressure washing it’s a mixture Hope this helps  

just looking through customer list, its actually amazing the number of singles. Often elderly ladies. but where theres a couple Im finding its more the woman than the man who contacts.
sorry mate, should have added a single white female option?

I find for window cleaning it’s more women that contact us , but for gutter vaccing it’s mainly men , softwashing and pressure washing it’s a mixture Hope this helps  
hi paul, that's quite intresting, if you could maybe think about that reply do you think its the man thinking I need to get that patio cleaned or do you think its more the woman saying YOU need to get that cleaned?

sorry mate, should have added a single white female option?

hi paul, that's quite intresting, if you could maybe think about that reply do you think its the man thinking I need to get that patio cleaned or do you think its more the woman saying YOU need to get that cleaned?

Could be wrong  but women tend to spend more time looking out of the windows especially the kitchen and want clean windows , men look at the dirty drive way or house walls and think I need to get someone in to clean it , blocked gutters it’s generally a man that will realise the potential damage that can be caused , just a though 

Most of my enquires are from lady of the house, although a rarity I had 4 male enquires the other day all wanting the windows done before xmas ? plus I had another 3 so a total of 7 enquires in just over 24 hours 

Mostly women un less the man is eather *** or very ocd or in some cases its the women telling bloke to contact the cleaner as she dont wana deal with the cleaner as for race mostly white people i find Indians do there own normaly 

interesting feedback lads, the poll is for me to get an idea or a theme as to how my website could look and to apeall to yes, you've guessed it women!.

it took a few hours of boring research to work out which colours catch the eye for women and what kind of layout would maybe work,

I've gleaned that most people look at the homepage and with 7secs if it doesn't make you want to read on then, off you jog to look at another site.

so, for me having a picture of my van with me in front of it would not work, nor would talking endlessly about how WFP works or how I collect payments etc,

it may just well work or could be a massive flop - I don't know but its worth a try

interesting feedback lads, the poll is for me to get an idea or a theme as to how my website could look and to apeall to yes, you've guessed it women!.

it took a few hours of boring research to work out which colours catch the eye for women and what kind of layout would maybe work,

I've gleaned that most people look at the homepage and with 7secs if it doesn't make you want to read on then, off you jog to look at another site.

so, for me having a picture of my van with me in front of it would not work, nor would talking endlessly about how WFP works or how I collect payments etc,

it may just well work or could be a massive flop - I don't know but its worth a try

with respect Kevin , people are looking for a window cleaner , not for an attractive colour  scheme web site , mine is nothing special but attracts men, women and all other genders ???

I know paul, your site is very good, easy to navigate and very well laid out, but again nathaneal built it so it will be good, I agree, people just want a window cleaner that's it- just a simple window cleaner, I could be very wrong in my way of thinking about this- or, I could actually gain a few more customers who knows?, i'm sure the finished article may not be to everyones taste but i'm wanting to target one specific market not everyone who have dirty windows.

as I've said I could be way off the mark on this one.

I know paul, your site is very good, easy to navigate and very well laid out, but again nathaneal built it so it will be good, I agree, people just want a window cleaner that's it- just a simple window cleaner, I could be very wrong in my way of thinking about this- or, I could actually gain a few more customers who knows?, i'm sure the finished article may not be to everyones taste but i'm wanting to target one specific market not everyone who have dirty windows.

as I've said I could be way off the mark on this one.

ime sure you will do a good job and not wanting to be critical but are you over thinking this ?? We are offering cleaning services not some multi million pound interior design concept, I think a good web site needs to be factual , short in worded content otherwise people get board reading it and go else where , I feel it just lays out the services we offer and then the potential customer phones and you can discuss what they specifically want , si the web site is that a bait to attract them . As you know mine mostly contains big commercial jobs as that’s the market I want to expand in , but I find that many very wealthy people look on there and think if they can clean that 8 storey hotel they can clean my 20 bedroom country manor , do we get a lot of called from this type of people , others like a small web site single page one man band as they feel they will get the more personal touch , ime sure what ever you do it will bring in work , might need a few tweaks hear and there now and again , I have got to get mine altered to include softwashing ?? but haven’t had the time to get hold of Nathaniel !!! Another job to add to the list . 

Back