Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dump letter for customers

laddergarder

So from bad payers, customers with a bad attitude towards you, gardens with 50+ dog turds, people who nit pick with everything, no parking, no acess, awkward jobs, you get the idea. 

Once you have had enough and want to dump a customer, do you just stop cleaning(no contact) or do you send a letter(or some other notification) and if so, do you give them the reason.

Full disclosure, more often than not. I will just stop going. Purely because they wont like my explanation, and I would prefer to avoid any confrontation.

"Sorry I wont be cleaning your windows, because your an absolute A* and I dont want to work for you". Not something thats going to go well.

But I am thinking I need to change my aproach to this and go with some form of letter, with a polite,

"We are very grateful for your business, however we will no longer be able to provide our service to you. We hope this gives you ample time to find another window cleaning service... etc.".

Whats your approach?

For the dog ? ones just let them know due to the ongoing issue with dog mess you are no longer prepared to clean their windows for H&S reasons as for the ones that are doing your head in for various reasons, just tell them you are refining your rounds and are having to let go of some jobs, I would just text them, I wouldn't bother wasting paper. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends , I have customers that I have never met , these I would just stop going to , if it’s a customer that I know or see I would explain why I was dumping them , if they phoned up saying you haven’t been , then I politely explain why we have stoped doing them , I personally find it only nessasary to dump customers very occasionally as when quoting work I cover all bases thoroughly , if I turn up to quote and the garden is full of dig poo I say I cannot help them as I will not expose myself and staff to the potential health hazards accosiated  with it , if they say they will clear it up I still won’t take them on as I have Hurd this so many times but when you turn up they make all kinds of excuses like , didn’t expect you today or I’ve been busy ,or weather has been bad etc I would say at a guess I have only dumped maybe 5 over the last 5 years and I put this down to good quoting in the first place .   

i would explain the exact reasons why you’re not going back, in the politest way possible. It doesn’t hurt to speak the truth sometimes. If it is the truth then surely it wont come as a shock to them to hear it. Otherwise they are just going to treat the next window cleaner the same don’t you think? 

Just drop them and forget them like the same way they forget you when it comes to payment ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Trouble is sometimes you do the decent thing and let them know why and the outcome is they go running to social media to tell everyone how hard done by they feel, then you end up having to respond.... I now just dump and put - DO NOT ANSWER on their name on my phone.

Back