Hoops

Fitting an inline TDS meter

Hoops

Hi guys, 

Looking to fit an inline TDS meter to my 5 stage RO set up. See attached picture. Speaking with a plumber who has suggested some fittings as apparently I will have to adapt the the T pieces to fit the existing 15mm plastic piping. Only problem is that the ones he has recommended seem a little pricey and more than the meter itself. 

Any ideas how how I can make this work in a tidy way? 

D0DD9FD6-421E-4ADA-99D1-D559BB7253D0.jpeg

EE18B2E1-B91B-473A-8074-F49002293E3D.png

Part Timer

Why not ring one of the main supply companies and buy the online TDS meter and fittings

Hoops
3 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Why not ring one of the main supply companies and buy the online TDS meter and fittings

I have already purchased the inline TDS meter. I’m asking advice on how to install it using pushfit connectors as I have 15mm plastic pipe in my system and they supply 1-4 tee pieces with the meter which won’t fit my pipe. I’ve looked at reducer tee pieces but not confident as either the prides won’t fit snug or pipe won’t fit once I reduce? 

Pjj

I know this sounds silly but in my experience the manufacturer have big half inch hose before and after the in-line TDS meter and small pipe work on it , all my ionic systems systems came like that , it doesn’t seam to restrict the flow however. 

richyrich_one

How about fitting a 15mm tee inline with a compression fitting on the vertical branch but use the 1/2" thread with a 1/2" bsp to 1/4" John guest. Then just insert the probe.

Part Timer

Here is a picture of mine if it's any help, unfortunately it was installed when I got the tank put in so can't  help you on the fittings  

20191217_134135.jpg

Part Timer

That's the pipe coming out of the DI and into the tank, it looks like the t-piece is the reducer

Jango

Mine is fitted like part timers. I think I bought them from a tropical fish shop on the internet. Mine works fine all my system is fitted similar to your hoops. 

steve garwood
2 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Here is a picture of mine if it's any help, unfortunately it was installed when I got the tank put in so can't  help you on the fittings  

20191217_134135.jpg

Your fingernails need cutting 👨‍🦰

I’ll take a picture of my inline TDS metre in a minute 👍

Edited by steve garwood

Part Timer
1 hour ago, steve garwood said:

Your fingernails need cutting 👨‍🦰

And how do you know it's my fingernail, in China long fingernails are a sign of having a good job.

Part Timer
41 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

F139B0B4-B2D9-461A-9D8E-2C8A5ABAF229.jpeg

You must have done the washing up and ironing as well 🤣

steve garwood
38 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

No, my mum phoned. By the time she stops talking I need a shave 😩

Stevieboy

If you are running a system with 1/2 inch hose or 15mm Speedfit like the OP then dropping down in bore size for the TDS meter is an unnecessary restriction. Like the photo above. Aim of the game is water in and water out as quick as possible. Don’t put restrictions in the way. 

spruce
12 hours ago, Part Timer said:

..... and cut his fingers 😂