NewGuy

How to introduce myself on a new website

NewGuy

Hello

New chap here.  I have been getting recent experience of window cleaning for the past few months and am seeking to establish my own round.  I will be creating a website but not sure how to explain who I am when I do not have years of experience to reassure potential customers that I am capable of providing a good service.

I have seen many websites for window cleaners who can boast of many years of experience but there must be guys out there who don't.  In those cases, how you these guys "sell" themselves on websites?  Do you simply be honest upfront and say you have been training and ready to work solo, or would the best approach be to simply state who I am and this is what I offer without mentioned my career to date?  My years of working in an office in London won't be a selling point for sure!

Thanks all.

Iron Giant

I would go with, who you are and you pride yourself on offering the very best service, but always be honest, although they don't have to know you have limited experience 

Davy G
On 18/12/2019 at 19:07, Iron Giant said:

I would go with, who you are and you pride yourself on offering the very best service, but always be honest, although they don't have to know you have limited experience 

Yep, I agree. You're offering a good quality, professional window cleaning service, that's all they need to know.

Good luck. 🙂

laddergarder

I agree with Iron Giant.

Just be honest.

I wouldnt say, I have 3 months experience. Or anything like that. But you dont have to hide that either if a customer asks. You can say...

I have recently started my window cleaning business, offering a friendly, progessional, reliable service to customers in your area.

No one will turn you away because you have only been doing it a week. 

Just come up possitive points about yourself and your business, and use them to sell it.

NewGuy

Thank you chaps.  Your advice was great and I'm simply focussing on who I am and what I'm offering, without the need to explain how long I have been cleaning windows.  Of course, I'm happy to explain this to customers when chatting but not on the website.

Thanks again.