Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why can't I keep my mouth shut

Dave B

Staff member
Just had a row with a neighbour of a customer. 

Accidentally sprayed her with about 2 drops of water.

Just been talking to customer who has lost all her hair due to chemo and a very nice long term customer to the point I gave her a big hug in the doorstep so not in the mood for idiots.

Said "oops sorry nearly got you lol".

"You did ******* get me".

"Oh well lifes a ***** ain't it"

Didn't go down too well and she tried to read me the riot act.

Anyone else always putting their foot in it.?

Not unusual for me as always getting grief off someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't often put my foot in it, but when pushed and they try and come the entitled prima donna, I do give them short shrift.

You were being pleasant, it was no big deal. You did no harm. Some folk think they are so special and make a problem out of nothing important.

I've been known in similar situations to tell them "Go away and don't be annoying me". I like to leave them a little deflated.

I can't be doing with the current way of pandering to self important "snowflakes".

It's Important though to be careful not to overstep into outright rudeness.

Rant over. ☺️☺️

Just been talking to customer who has lost all her hair due to chemo and a very nice long term customer to the point I gave her a big hug in the doorstep so not in the mood for idiots.

Bad man you need locking up lol

somepeople are so sensitive it’s unbelievable. 

no its not normal for me to get grief off anybody..........not now im sober......every bit of trouble ive ever been in (in my adult life )id always been drinking.....??

i truly believe some people attract violence......i used to hang around with a few handy lads in my youth and they were always getting in fights without even looking for one every time we went out.....

Bad man you need locking up lol

somepeople are so sensitive it’s unbelievable. 
Your right about that, Den but a lot of them lay it on because they've been allowed to get away with it in the past.

I call it : "The cuckoo in the nest technique". ie The one who puffs the chest and squawks the loudest gets the attention because it's normal in nature to pander to the loudest and most confident. This leads them to a sense of entitlement and it's usually pandered to by those around them.

That's the way with a lot of species including our own. You can see it in a lot of social circles, extended families and neighbourhoods: the scary aunt, the bossy neighbour, the overbearing father.

Not all but if you watch out for it you will spot it.

Nuther rant over. Apologies ☺️

You might remember me telling this from a few years back on here @Dave B, but I’ll repeat it for the newbies.

I fell out with a customer over something petty, so I stopped doing his windows.

After that he would walk past with a stupid smirk on his face, and often gave me dirty looks.

One day i was cleaning his next door neighbours windows, and he came walking down the road with his dog.

I glanced around to see him standing there watching his dog pis*ing over my warning cone and hose next to it.

I shouted out and he just smirked and started walking off.

To say the red mist descended is an understatement. I ran and picked up the cone, caught up with him and started to wipe it all over his coat.

He started shouting and came towards me, so I hit him in the face with the cone.

I know I shouldn’t of reacted this way, but my sister and I have always had anger issues.

I spoke to all the local neighbours about it, and it turns out they dislike him as he’s a bit of a jack the lad.

You might remember me telling this from a few years back on here @Dave B, but I’ll repeat it for the newbies.

I fell out with a customer over something petty, so I stopped doing his windows.

After that he would walk past with a stupid smirk on his face, and often gave me dirty looks.

One day i was cleaning his next door neighbours windows, and he came walking down the road with his dog.

I glanced around to see him standing there watching his dog pis*ing over my warning cone and hose next to it.

To say the red mist descended is an understatement. I ran and picked up the cone, caught up with him and started to wipe it all over his coat.

He started shouting and came towards me, so I hit him in the face with the cone.

I know I shouldn’t of reacted this way, but my sister and I have always had anger issues.

I spoke to all the local neighbours about it, and it turns out they dislike him as he’s a bit of a jack the lad.
Loved this haha ? would have liked to have seen his face lol

Your right about that, Den but a lot of them lay it on because they've been allowed to get away with it in the past.

I call it : "The cuckoo in the nest technique". ie The one who puffs the chest and squawks the loudest gets the attention because it's normal in nature to pander to the loudest and most confident. This leads them to a sense of entitlement and it's usually pandered to by those around them.

That's the way with a lot of species including our own. You can see it in a lot of social circles, extended families and neighbourhoods: the scary aunt, the bossy neighbour, the overbearing father.

Not all but if you watch out for it you will spot it.

Nuther rant over. Apologies ☺️
Agree with you mate ?

You would of thought he would see the cone coming in his direction ????

I usually offer to do something for free like cleaning her window or front door. A lot of folk have too much time on their hands and are looking for any excuse. Silent tongue is the best tongue. ?
Sod that.

It was raining anyway.

Sure another 2 drops of water won't hurt.

Some people are just miserable. 

A? It was my story and I’m not in your arrangement for a beer?

Are you putting sherry on your coco pops again?
Anywhere near woodham Essex Steve?

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my insignificant customers told me a story regarding this. He is 67 now and his passion is cars especially Jags. He was working at his garage when he nipped out to move his car into the garage carpark. It was just before Christmas and the roads were jam packed. The roundabout was packed and no one could move so the guy on the right started beeping him to move. He just ignored him because no one could move. Fairly soon the guy got out of his motor and walked over and thumped the roof of his Jag and walked back to his car. One thing you can't do to this guy is touch his car so he got out and shouted at him. The guy came running over with wild eyes and my customer punched him. The guy ended up on the road knocked out. My customer got in his car and drove round to his garage and went in. Minutes later an ambulance appeared and the police asked to speak to him, but it was self defence and he had a lot of witnesses. Then he told me he used to be a professional boxer and then a trainer but you would never have guessed it. Not sure what happened to mr angry but he didn't have a happy Christmas! (true story)

Don’t know, never heard of it ?.

I’m not far from the bits of Essex that border London or Kent ?

Don’t know, never heard of it ?.

I’m not far from the bits of Essex that border London or Kent ?
Not far from Thurrock, Basildon or maldon, I'm not surprised you havnt heard it's where real bald headed geezers are bred ?

Back