Mabozzer

Employees Christmas bonuses

Mabozzer

What's the most up to date tax efficient bonus methods and how do you record it or how does your accountant record it.

I see a gift voucher up to £50 can be given and looks like it's only ni deductible.

Bart90
18 minutes ago, CHWS said:

Beer 😎

You gotta feel sorry for the tea total employees....... 😄 

Part Timer
16 minutes ago, Bart90 said:

Not really 😁

Mabozzer

I'd rather it wasn't pisshed up against a wall to be honest and ofcourse if there's away you can do it legitimately then it's better. 

How do companies hand out a few hundred pounds worth of bottles to customers and log it as an expense. Also when companies donate to school fairs etc how is that logged legitimately. 

It's a small bonus but after tax it's crud so trying to find the correct way round as they change these rules all the time.

21 minutes ago, Bart90 said:

There's a huge range of non alcoholic drinks available these days or give them a case of 1901

adamangler

Pay yourself as a dividend and give them the cash? (assuming you are on the 7.5% rate) 

Part Timer
3 hours ago, Mabozzer said:

What's the most up to date tax efficient bonus methods and how do you record it or how does your accountant record it.

I see a gift voucher up to £50 can be given and looks like it's only ni deductible.

Why not ask your Accountant, surely you're going to get the correct advice. 

Mabozzer

Doesn't look like many give their workers a bonus on here then!

Part Timer
5 minutes ago, Mabozzer said:

The vast majority on here are sole traders. I can't  actually believe you're  asking for tax advice from strangers on a public forum. 

Chris33
1 hour ago, Mabozzer said:

Not exactly tax efficient but I just split the last days takings (today)50/50 so they got a very good wage off that. And gave them all tips. 

clearview
5 hours ago, Part Timer said:

The vast majority on here are sole traders. I can't  actually believe you're  asking for tax advice from strangers on a public forum. 

exactly what I was thinking !

laddergarder
7 hours ago, Haz said:

How many of u tip your accountant ? lol😛

Mine is my wife so I don't even pay her 😋

@Mabozzer I think charitable donations are deductable up to a point. I was thinking about creating a backpack with essentials in it to give to homeless people, and I was told this would be tax deductible.

Edited by laddergarder

laddergarder

I give a bonus and put it through as a personal expense so its me who pays the tax. 

HWCS

I bought myself a bottle of Jean Paul Gautier 'La Beau' £75.00, ill stick the reciept through as an expense.

I mean who the fl wants their window cleaning amelling bad 😉😉

Mabozzer
10 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Had a few too many last night as your sounding a bit dramatic!

There's lot of employers on forums and with it being a little Christmas bonus I'm asking about it's hardly unbelievable to ask. 

Mabozzer
3 hours ago, laddergarder said:

Mine is my wife so I don't even pay her 😋

@Mabozzer I think charitable donations are deductable up to a point. I was thinking about creating a backpack with essentials in it to give to homeless people, and I was told this would be tax deductible.

Good idea that. I was surprised by the amount of homeless folk setting around up camp along the shop fronts in Glasgow city centre when we were going to the Royal orchestra hall. It's a tough life they never asked for.

Out of interest what would you class as the essentials?