Jump to content
johnny bravo

Heater in Van for WFP water

Recommended Posts

johnny bravo

Evening,  Starting to get numbness in  2 fingers in left hand when weather is very cold.     Thinking of installing a Heater in van to warm water coming through pole & hose,   hopefully not being as cold in hands when working with pole for long periods in freezing weather.   I use Argon lined gloves  but still get fingers numb.

 

Is there  any posts showing easy set up.....    I remember all imfo   and best heaters to get.   at realistic prices.   I know you will need  a  gas  bottle and  tubing for flu.

Share this post


Link to post
johnny bravo

just looked for old post, not recommended.   I may try those heat pads from £ shop

Share this post


Link to post
Apex

Hi johnny bravo,

If you dont want to go down the route of carrying gas bottles you can fit an emersion heater to your tank, have a look for squeeky clean dave's video on you tube showing you how to do it 👌

Share this post


Link to post
harunh

Each morning before u go out to do a days graft , pour cold water in to a bowl, put ice cubes in the bowl and put both hands in the bowl for 5 minutes. Now your numbness will not be as bad for the next 24 hours 😉

Try it... i bet it helps u a lot 🙂

 

Edited by harunh

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
12 hours ago, johnny bravo said:

Evening,  Starting to get numbness in  2 fingers in left hand when weather is very cold.     Thinking of installing a Heater in van to warm water coming through pole & hose,   hopefully not being as cold in hands when working with pole for long periods in freezing weather.   I use Argon lined gloves  but still get fingers numb.

 

Is there  any posts showing easy set up.....    I remember all imfo   and best heaters to get.   at realistic prices.   I know you will need  a  gas  bottle and  tubing for flu.


That's to do with bad circulation it will get worse overtime I have had problems for years with my fingers and my feet, I have recently started adding 2 teaspoons of Organic Molasses in a cup of coffee each day this stuff is strong tasting but it has helped. 

Edited by Iron Giant

Share this post


Link to post
AGlassAct

Plus using hot water doesn’t warm your pole enough to keep your hands warm, I still get ice cold hands and I have hot water. Although the exhaust comes in handy to defrost them every now and then!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
9 hours ago, Iron Giant said:


That's to do with bad circulation it will get worse overtime I have had problems for years with my fingers and my feet, I have recently started adding 2 teaspoons of Organic Molasses in a cup of coffee each day this stuff is strong tasting but it has helped. 

I'm surprised about that as your feet can only be about 3' from your heart 😁

Share this post


Link to post
kevinc250
1 hour ago, Part Timer said:

I'm surprised about that as your feet can only be about 3' from your heart 😁

ooh, that's nasty mate and uncalled for, i'd say 3' 2" 🤔

honestly though if anyone is starting to get numb fingers or toes its time to sort it now before it gets worse, it is time to go and see someone rather than the doctor ie a sports therapist who would sort it all out before it gets any worse

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
3 hours ago, AGlassAct said:

Plus using hot water doesn’t warm your pole enough to keep your hands warm, I still get ice cold hands and I have hot water. Although the exhaust comes in handy to defrost them every now and then!!!

 

 

Really I find it keeps the pole toasty and warms your whole body we rarely wear jackets or coats only if it’s raining  

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
12 hours ago, Part Timer said:

I'm surprised about that as your feet can only be about 3' from your heart 😁


We all have our crosses to bear, at least I don't have to pay someone to fasten my shoe laces because I can't reach my feet 😅

11 hours ago, kevinc250 said:

ooh, that's nasty mate and uncalled for, i'd say 3' 2" 🤔


Every inch count's 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
3 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

We all have our crosses to bear, at least I don't have to pay someone to fasten my shoe laces because I can't reach my feet 😅

That's got nothing to do with my height 🐘

Share this post


Link to post
kevinc250

@iron giant, which is the elbow support you use?, theres so many about the choice is bewildering

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
4 hours ago, Part Timer said:

That's got nothing to do with my height 🐘


Exploitation of little people 😱, especially at this time of the year when we are so busy helping Santa, shame on you 

4 hours ago, kevinc250 said:

@iron giant, which is the elbow support you use?, theres so many about the choice is bewildering


This is the one I used https://amazon.co.uk/ionocore®-Elbow-Support-Brace-Lightweight/dp/B06XC9TW57/ref=sr_1_3_sspa I longer use it now as I have no issues with tennis elbow since moving to a bolted in reel and then to a HD PowerUp 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.