Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Heater in Van for WFP water

johnny bravo

Evening,  Starting to get numbness in  2 fingers in left hand when weather is very cold.     Thinking of installing a Heater in van to warm water coming through pole & hose,   hopefully not being as cold in hands when working with pole for long periods in freezing weather.   I use Argon lined gloves  but still get fingers numb.

Is there  any posts showing easy set up.....    I remember all imfo   and best heaters to get.   at realistic prices.   I know you will need  a  gas  bottle and  tubing for flu.

Hi johnny bravo,

If you dont want to go down the route of carrying gas bottles you can fit an emersion heater to your tank, have a look for squeeky clean dave's video on you tube showing you how to do it ?

Each morning before u go out to do a days graft , pour cold water in to a bowl, put ice cubes in the bowl and put both hands in the bowl for 5 minutes. Now your numbness will not be as bad for the next 24 hours ?

Try it... i bet it helps u a lot ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening,  Starting to get numbness in  2 fingers in left hand when weather is very cold.     Thinking of installing a Heater in van to warm water coming through pole & hose,   hopefully not being as cold in hands when working with pole for long periods in freezing weather.   I use Argon lined gloves  but still get fingers numb.

Is there  any posts showing easy set up.....    I remember all imfo   and best heaters to get.   at realistic prices.   I know you will need  a  gas  bottle and  tubing for flu.
That's to do with bad circulation it will get worse overtime I have had problems for years with my fingers and my feet, I have recently started adding 2 teaspoons of Organic Molasses in a cup of coffee each day this stuff is strong tasting but it has helped. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus using hot water doesn’t warm your pole enough to keep your hands warm, I still get ice cold hands and I have hot water. Although the exhaust comes in handy to defrost them every now and then!!!

That's to do with bad circulation it will get worse overtime I have had problems for years with my fingers and my feet, I have recently started adding 2 teaspoons of Organic Molasses in a cup of coffee each day this stuff is strong tasting but it has helped. 
I'm surprised about that as your feet can only be about 3' from your heart ?

I'm surprised about that as your feet can only be about 3' from your heart ?
ooh, that's nasty mate and uncalled for, i'd say 3' 2" ?

honestly though if anyone is starting to get numb fingers or toes its time to sort it now before it gets worse, it is time to go and see someone rather than the doctor ie a sports therapist who would sort it all out before it gets any worse

Plus using hot water doesn’t warm your pole enough to keep your hands warm, I still get ice cold hands and I have hot water. Although the exhaust comes in handy to defrost them every now and then!!!

Really I find it keeps the pole toasty and warms your whole body we rarely wear jackets or coats only if it’s raining  

That's got nothing to do with my height ?
Exploitation of little people ?, especially at this time of the year when we are so busy helping Santa, shame on you 

@iron giant, which is the elbow support you use?, theres so many about the choice is bewildering
This is the one I used https://amazon.co.uk/ionocore®-Elbow-Support-Brace-Lightweight/dp/B06XC9TW57/ref=sr_1_3_sspa I longer use it now as I have no issues with tennis elbow since moving to a bolted in reel and then to a HD PowerUp 

Back