Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's everyone's plans for 2020?

Chris33

Just sitting reflecting on a year with a fair bit of change (beer in hand)..what are you all planning for next year? 

Changing my rounds to wfp. Setup a fixed WFP in my dublo. All goes well replace a kangoo my employee uses. Advertising go cardless to exsisting customers, and only accepting go cardless for new customers. 

All new jobs I take on will:

Pay £1.50 per window average

Have good parking and access

Cleaned with WFP

Pay by Direct Debit

I wont be taking on anything larger than a 20ft domestic. So it can be done with a 18/22ft WFP.

New waterworks 700 litre system , change from electric van back to diesel ? new window round of 100 customers , bring on the madness ?

Changing my rounds to wfp. Setup a fixed WFP in my dublo. All goes well replace a kangoo my employee uses. Advertising go cardless to exsisting customers, and only accepting go cardless for new customers. 

Cleaned with WFP

Pay by Direct Debit

I wont be taking on anything larger than a 20ft domestic. So it can be done with a 18/22ft WFP.
Sounds a solid plan. With gocardless we trust! Haha

New waterworks 700 litre system , change from electric van back to diesel ? new window round of 100 customers , bring on the madness ?
Let me know how ya go with that system but I know you'll like it

Cleaned with WFP

Pay by Direct Debit

I think you are missing a trick limiting yourself to 20 feet high , the whole purpose of the pole is to be able to do higher stuff that others cannot do , also that type of work commands a higher price , you will also find doing gfs a lot will be higher than that especially the eaves , once you get established wfp you will soon see the benefits you will never look back , and be able to do at least a third more work in the same time once you have all the first cleans out of the way , also a good time to increase prices selling it that now you will be doing all the frames and sills , evan if you were doing them trad they will come up a lot better with the pole .

@Pjj I see what your saying. But all my work is currently done with a 20ft set of ladders. I surfer from back pain from time to time, so a 2lb 18ft carbon pole is part of my reason for changing. I hope it will be easier on my body than lugging around 3 stone in ladders and a bucket of water.

Re-focus my business so that more of our work is closer to home, the cost of diesel is getting rediculous here.

Rain water harvesting, I keep watching all this free water going to waste! ? and the waste water charge is going up next year.

@Pjj I see what your saying. But all my work is currently done with a 20ft set of ladders. I surfer from back pain from time to time, so a 2lb 18ft carbon pole is part of my reason for changing. I hope it will be easier on my body than lugging around 3 stone in ladders and a bucket of water.

Ah ok , you do use a totally different set of muscles with wfp to trad , when I started a friend of mine said within 3 months you will go up an inch and a half collar  size on a shirt ,and he was right , you will find it will make you ache in places that you haven’t before ,just stand back so your neck isn’t at a Sharp an angle , you will be surprised you will soon get used to it if you are used to carrying a ladder the pole will be a doddle . 

Ah ok , you do use a totally different set of muscles with wfp to trad , when I started a friend of mine said within 3 months you will go up an inch and a half collar  size on a shirt ,and he was right , you will find it will make you ache in places that you haven’t before ,just stand back so your neck isn’t at a Sharp an angle , you will be surprised you will soon get used to it if you are used to carrying a ladder the pole will be a doddle . 
If its lower back pain hip thrusts and glute bridges will sort that out most likely. Also shoulder pain and neck most common when pole, until you get some muscle memory there 

Sounds a solid plan. With gocardless we trust! Haha

Let me know how ya go with that system but I know you'll like it
Can’t wait to get a van mate to get it in!! Only problem at the minute is I can’t see any 320/340 customs about. The dealer probably has me on an empty promise and is going to try and get me to buy new here on Friday ! 

Can’t wait to get a van mate to get it in!! Only problem at the minute is I can’t see any 320/340 customs about. The dealer probably has me on an empty promise and is going to try and get me to buy new here on Friday ! 
You'll build that customer base spring onwards mate. Just plug away at it

Looking into getting an accountant from April next year. If work keeps coming in then I will be looking to go down the limited company route and get my low prices up. Get a new logo and even consider a new van when I can claim my vat back. Its all looking very promising for me considering I have bought a lot of new equipment. Cleaning the church's windows today and used over 100 litres of hotwater. I thought I would use a lot of diesel but never made a dent on the fuel gauge so more than happy with the heater. Eliminating folk who don't pay me is another thing I will be acting on, don't need the hassle. Concentrating on higher value homes where plenty of my add-ons come from and bodyswerving the time wasters who continually ask for cheaper prices. All in all going to be a bit more ruthless and chase repeat work.

Looking into getting an accountant from April next year. If work keeps coming in then I will be looking to go down the limited company route and get my low prices up. Get a new logo and even consider a new van when I can claim my vat back. Its all looking very promising for me considering I have bought a lot of new equipment. Cleaning the church's windows today and used over 100 litres of hotwater. I thought I would use a lot of diesel but never made a dent on the fuel gauge so more than happy with the heater. Eliminating folk who don't pay me is another thing I will be acting on, don't need the hassle. Concentrating on higher value homes where plenty of my add-ons come from and bodyswerving the time wasters who continually ask for cheaper prices. All in all going to be a bit more ruthless and chase repeat work.
People per hour website is brilliant for logos. I paid pennies for my latest upvc one and had about 5 versions sent over. 

We only use a couple of quid extra a day on our diesel system I reckon. I dont notice it between the hot and cold van anyway. 

f3.jpg

People per hour website is brilliant for logos. I paid pennies for my latest upvc one and had about 5 versions sent over. 

We only use a couple of quid extra a day on our diesel system I reckon. I dont notice it between the hot and cold van anyway. 

View attachment 18727

I was in my signwriters and they have a smiley thistle which is quite funny and they said I could have it. Would never go back to cold water now that I have tried hot, purely to do with no kinks in the hose. I used to spend half my time straightening the hose before I could continue to hand wind it on. I must be saving over 30mins a day with hot and an electric reel which seems to be the best kept secret of wfp. You will be able to do a few extra cleans a day so in the end it makes you money and saves you energy. ? 

Back