Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

hole in WFP hose already

Crystalalan

Merry christmas everone

All going well with water fed pole system. Really glad i`ve made the jump from trad but I have already managed to put a hole in my hose duh! Not the main hose but the actual WFP hose. Trouble is it`s the bit before the univalve. I have purchased some of those equal length nylon repair thingies they do the trick when the pole is not extended but when extended and I have to tug the hose to stop or start the water flow sometimes the hose pops off from where it has been repaired. Has any of you guys had the same problem? Is there a good way of reinforcing this repair?

Hi Alan,

What you need is one of these - it’ll stop the hose from falling out when you pull it to trigger the univalve : https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/john-guest-fittings/metric-fittings/push-fit-8mm-stem-to-5mm-barb.html

Secure it with an o-clip and then plug it into your John Guest connector (that you repaired the hose with). If it wasn’t a John guest fitting, then you can buy that from the same place when you order those barbs. Link here : https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/john-guest-fittings/metric-fittings/push-fit-8mm-to-8mm-straight-connector-in-black.html

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are using the standard yellow ‘all season’ pole hose I’d recommend changing it for a PU equivalent like Gardiner’s green or similar. Though more flexible, the yellow PVC hose is prone to splitting at the base of the pole and also punctures fairly easily if you get it caught in thorny bushes or other sharp objects. The PU hoses do have to be broken in due to their less flexible nature, but once broken in they are extremely tough.

I have heavy red hose on my reel at the moment. Would it be advisable to swap over to 100m of PU hose when running a hot water system?

Pu pole hose isn’t really suitable to use 100 m of it on the reel although some do do that , you will loose loads of heat and it’s not easy to drag it around without it getting caught on the slightest thing , you want add 20 meters of it to your existing microbore to run the hose less system bit like this 

540A18AA-CBBF-4264-8ED7-19B073FE43F7.jpeg

Back