Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning leaflet

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm struggling with leaflet ideas at the moment but I can give you a few tips. 

It's a 50/50 percent chance you'll get a customer whether you post a leaflet or speak directly to a person and put it into their hand. Just keep trying both ways without being overly worried about design. 

Perhaps key words such as "offer" or "save" in your headline, if you choose to use one, may work with some people. 

Though occasionally, people may quiz you and say, "do your prices always stay the same or is this for a limited time?" 

You may want to use "fixed prices" but in certain cases prices are negotiable and state what these are. Whatever you do, don't go under £10 for most houses or bungalows. In some areas, you might want to say no less than £15.

I've known many window cleaners to do this as an undercut and frankly it means that they get double or triple the amount of "cheap" customers while reasonable window cleaners are looking to get well paid for the quality of their work. 

Keep a positive outlook though. 

I'm struggling with leaflet ideas at the moment but I can give you a few tips. 

It's a 50/50 percent chance you'll get a customer whether you post a leaflet or speak directly to a person and put it into their hand. Just keep trying both ways without being overly worried about design. 

Perhaps key words such as "offer" or "save" in your headline, if you choose to use one, may work with some people. 

Though occasionally, people may quiz you and say, "do your prices always stay the same or is this for a limited time?" 

You may want to use "fixed prices" but in certain cases prices are negotiable and state what these are. Whatever you do, don't go under £10 for most houses or bungalows. In some areas, you might want to say no less than £15.

I've known many window cleaners to do this as an undercut and frankly it means that they get double or triple the amount of "cheap" customers while reasonable window cleaners are looking to get well paid for the quality of their work. 

Keep a positive outlook though. 
Very interesting I would never undercut another window cleaner also if the customer told me they have a window cleaner I would just walk away as I wouldn’t want somebody doing it to me I’m all about getting my own work I’ve done leaflet drops before I do work very well for me but I just wanted to have my own leaflet because before I use the leaflet that I got off the Internet.

I've done a lot of leaflets now. Best one for me has been a nice simple leaflet with "It would cost you just <space> to have your front windows cleaned every 4 weeks based on a full house quote".

I get very good response rates from these leaflets.

Don't have fixed prices, that's a bad idea. 

Remember the golden rule of advertising is KISS.... Keep It Simple Stupid. The general public buy simple short messages like "Get Brexit done". It needs to say you're a window cleaner and have some contact details. Make it clear and easy to read.

@Joshyouare's is a good one too. Potentially you would use a lot less leaflets and would be much more targeted. You could write a bunch up in advance and just post the relevant priced leaflet through as you go.

This is mine...

I alway go with the principle of keep is really simple. Its the elevator pitch basically.

Logo - what you do - contact info

You get about 5 seconds of there time. They either do or don't need your service. If they do, you get another 15 seconds to make them call you. 

Say three things about yourself. Simple an to the point. Think of the points like a tweet. Work to say it in as few words as possible.

Pictures also help. A picture of you cleaning windows, gets the 'what' of your flyer across in a second. 

Flyer Idea 2018.jpg

This is mine...

I alway go with the principle of keep is really simple. Its the elevator pitch basically.

You get about 5 seconds of there time. They either do or don't need your service. If they do, you get another 15 seconds to make them call you. 

Say three things about yourself. Simple an to the point. Think of the points like a tweet. Work to say it in as few words as possible.

Pictures also help. A picture of you cleaning windows, gets the 'what' of your flyer across in a second. 

View attachment 18773
I’ve uploaded a leaflet of what are used to use which I got off of Google template I guess it worked well but it Really had nothing of my business personality on it

E6F54B5F-EE73-47E9-A64E-2E1F75FBF700.jpeg

@Chris2626 This was my first flyer I made over 12 years ago. I made this in MS word and printed them off at home.

I got allot of work off this. Looking back, its not great. But it worked all the same. I am sure it would again. 

Flyers will work. But little changes can improve your odds. A landline, with a local area code can reinforce the 'local' selling point.

A website or even a facebook page can give people a place to find out more about you.

20200102_195641.jpg

This is mine...

View attachment 18773
Never heard of ‘dirrect’ debt. 

I've done a lot of leaflets now. Best one for me has been a nice simple leaflet with "It would cost you just <space> to have your front windows cleaned every 4 weeks based on a full house quote".

I get very good response rates from these leaflets.

Don't have fixed prices, that's a bad idea. 
Same type of house on different estates or places will differ pricewise to get the work so is wise as Joshyouare states to leave a blank so you can fill the price manually. Also wise to add that price quoted does not include conservatories/extensions etc.

I know, that was a draft image I took when doing the design, that was fixed before going to print.
Looks like you do Trad too..going by the image...non of WFP?.

@mike007

I will be updating that, to mention wfp. I have really only recently decided to change. But I have an employee who works on another van. My plan is to convert my customers first. Then his once I replace his van, which is long over due. I dont want to fit a van mount in his van as I may not have next year. 

This is the flyer I have done to convert my customers to wfp.

Once we are both mainly wfp, I can update my logo with the wfp icon man I have done at the bottom.

20191223_160835.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back