Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure water drinkable?

Pit Creature

Does anyone know if pure water that's gone through a DI vessel is safe to drink?

I'm home-brewing so I'll be adding some minerals to it anyway and turning it into beer but I'm not sure if DI resin used for window cleaning is dangerous in any way?

Does anyone know if pure water that's gone through a DI vessel is safe to drink?

I'm home-brewing so I'll be adding some minerals to it anyway and turning it into beer but I'm not sure if DI resin used for window cleaning is dangerous in any way?
I drink it in small quantities and haven't had any side affects, I think a few on here drink it regularly. I seem to think that it is very slightly acidic, sure I read this somewhere, so I don't know if that would be a benefit or hinderance in brewing. 

It's drinkable from an R/O but not a DI process although, there has recently been warnings about people drinking R/O water from The World Health Organisation that people that are consuming processed water are suffering with been deficient in trace minerals, I ain't looked into it in any detail. 

Many island community’s drink nothing but ro water as that’s how it’s produced after desalination , having drunk it it’s not great but it won’t kill you , but as has been said you need to add re hydration salts to it on a regular basis as there isn’t any left in the water naturally, I have drunk small amounts of ro di water and never suffered any ill effects but dont know if you are supposed to . 

From what I’ve read food grade resin needs to be used for human consumption. I drink RO water with no problems. You shouldn’t be deficient in minerals drinking RO as long as you eat decent food; there’s plenty of minerals in food. Bonus of using RO water is it tastes better and your kettle looks like new all the time. Boil it even once with regular tap water and you start to see scale build up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go in to almost any subway you will see they use DI vessels for their water im assuming it will be a food grade version like for their coffee machines.

i think the bigger question is why would you want to drink it lmfao 

Go in to almost any subway you will see they use DI vessels for their water im assuming it will be a food grade version like for their coffee machines.

I think you will find that it’s a water softener not di  resin , they don’t have them in my area as we are sift water but I know they di have them in Bristol which is a hard water area 

I drink it every morning, my arms are now like Arnold Schwarzenegger and i also have 3x more then the usual energy a human has , and i only sleep 2 hours (14 hours per week) ? Pure water is the new craze ! ! ! NOW IMAGINE THAT FOR A STORY HAHA

I drink it every morning, my arms are now like Arnold Schwarzenegger and i also have 3x more then the usual energy a human has , and i only sleep 2 hours (14 hours per week) ? Pure water is the new craze ! ! ! NOW IMAGINE THAT FOR A STORY HAHA

If Carlsberg did pure water  ???

Back