Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Round Wanted, Cirencester/Gloucester area

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DaveLH

We are moving near to Cirencester early March, having sold my round I am looking for established work in & around Cirencester & Gloucester,

prefer wfp, commercial or domestic,  

Last edited by a moderator:
The windies in Cirencester are a nasty looking bunch, not a friendly wave between them. That said none of them look very professional, if you set up with some sign writing and a uniform you'd be well ahead from the get go.

I don't know of any selling up round here but my advice would be to head to Cheltenham to leaflet and canvass. There's a lot of money around over there and people pay much higher than the average, there is also a decent population unlike Cirencester. Just avoid St Pauls and the streets off Princess Elizabeth way.

@DaveLH I have removed your email, far better to use the private message function available 

The windies in Cirencester are a nasty looking bunch, not a friendly wave between them. That said none of them look very professional, if you set up with some sign writing and a uniform you'd be well ahead from the get go.

I don't know of any selling up round here but my advice would be to head to Cheltenham to leaflet and canvass. There's a lot of money around over there and people pay much higher than the average, there is also a decent population unlike Cirencester. Just avoid St Pauls and the streets off Princess Elizabeth way.
Thanks for the heads up on Cirencester, I might give Cheltenham a look, although a bit of a jolly though...?

Thanks for the heads up on Cirencester, I might give Cheltenham a look, although a bit of a jolly though...?
Yeah its 15 miles away and in the morning the air balloon roundabout is an absolute nightmare so if you judge the traffic wrong it can f**k your whole day up. Difficulty is the population is so small in Ciren and there is a lot of countryside between villages/towns. There are several guys who travel from the Forest of Dean to Stroud/Ciren/Tetbury etc, a commute that would be considered madness by most window cleaners. If you get a foot in the door in Cheltenham there are streets full of large multi million pound detached properties.

I'm in Stonehouse which is the other side of Stroud and I head to Cheltenham a couple of times a month. The reason I mentioned St Pauls and Princess Elizabeth way is I had messers around those areas. All of them paid but some paid late and literally 50% of them would cancel the night before a clean or on the day.

You're a similar distance from Swindon and Gloucester too, neither are as affluent as Cheltenham but both have large populations. I've started to steer towards the big towns because you never know what you're gonna get in the villages. There is an abundance of work in Stroud but it's down roads barely wide enough for a car never mind a van.

Back