Hiace Nostalgia

anyone used a T6?

Hiace Nostalgia

New van time, hooray! I am swaying towards a 2/3 year old,  low mileage T6 but my budget only stretches to the 102 bhp model. 

Has anyone used one of these power output models for wfp with a reasonable size tank (500/650l) and gear? did it struggle for power with the weight or was it ok? 

Any other observations on using T6 for window cleaning?

current van is a 115 mk7 transit, which is plenty powerfull for me but getting older and need to get the ol' tax bill down a bit!

Pjj

A friend of mine has one with a 500 ltr delivery system in it , it’s a bit sluggish but works ok , provided you don’t want to fly around Ime sure it would be ok for a work van , can you not take one for a drive and put a half ton bag of sand in the back to try it out that’s what I did when van shopping 

Ana

I use a t5 @Hiace Nostalgia to good effect for window cleaning, however it's not a van system as I just use 25 litre barrels and back packs using it. I didn't/don't want my van to be soley for window cleaning use, nor just for sleeping out, camping etc it had to be work img for both areas.

overall I wouldn't change it for the world, it does it all, for all aspects of life.

Hiace Nostalgia

that's an idea @Pjj I tried one unladen, and it was ok could try one with extra weight.

Martyn

I can't comment on the power level for a T6 but I currently run a T4 and they are really decent vans. I especially like the rear coil springs which make for a smooth ride.

High-tower

You can always get it remapped for a few hundred quid if you find it a bit sluggish. the other benefit of the 150ps engines is the 6 speed gear box rather than the 5 speed in the 84ps and 102ps.

Algie
On 04/01/2020 at 12:27, Hiace Nostalgia said:

New van time, hooray! I am swaying towards a 2/3 year old,  low mileage T6 but my budget only stretches to the 102 bhp model. 

Has anyone used one of these power output models for wfp with a reasonable size tank (500/650l) and gear? did it struggle for power with the weight or was it ok? 

Any other observations on using T6 for window cleaning?

current van is a 115 mk7 transit, which is plenty powerfull for me but getting older and need to get the ol' tax bill down a bit!

Im assuming your on about a vw transporter.

I used to have a citroen dispatch with a 300 L tank in and when it was full it did struggle sometimes with the extra weight.

I now have a 2008 transporter 1.9 turbo diesel with a 700 L tank in.

Even when full i never have any problems, had it 10 years now with no major problems. 

Brilliant van, go for it is my advice.