Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reel conections

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

I have been getting water leakage  from these swivel conectors.     ive had the hose tied onto reel to secure, but still happens.  this one is only 2 months old.    Does anyone use a different method to connect hose to reel.   

One used a washing machine hose if I remember.   Needs to be secure .    

maybe a solid one which does not swivel.  no gaps for leaks as in the swivel

20200103_122625.jpg

I have been getting water leakage  from these swivel conectors.     ive had the hose tied onto reel to secure, but still happens.  this one is only 2 months old.    Does anyone use a different method to connect hose to reel.   

View attachment 18785

First of all, I would remove the PTFE tape around the spindle. The hose connector has a rubber seal inside which will seal against the spindle.

Secondly I would replace the O ring on the male connector.

Thirdly; I would see if the screw connector inside needed tightening with a large allen key. Usually tightening this will stop the leaks, but if it doesn't then opening it up and replacing the o rings inside should sort the problem out. A little smear of vaseline on the o rings before assembly will help.

Fourthy, check that the plastic hose connector has secured the hose firmly . Usually putting the hose in boiling water helps the soften it and make a better seal.

I bought 2 from Gardiners back in 2008, one for my son's new hose reel and the other as a spare. The one on the hose reel still doesn't leak after all this time. I haven't seen the spare I bought for a long time.

Once used a washing machine hose if I remember.   Needs to be secure .    

I'm really interest how a solid one that does not swivel would work.

On my hose reel I have a 3/4" Hozelok brass tap connector and a female Hozelok hose connector. Its worked that way for 15 years. Just replaced the O ring often and plastic hose connector twice.

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 18785

Ime guessing that it needs tightening up a bit if you look up the end where the hose fits on there is like an Allen key fitting that can be tightened up just nip it up a bit that should stop any leaks we have some of theses fittings over 10 years old and no leaks 

strange one as it does not leak all the time,     ill look in van most mornings and it will be dry in hose reel tray,   other mornings can be about a half inch water  

advice taken on board,  ill look for the alan key hole, I couldn't see one last look       

Just a consideration that with the weather being so changeable at the minute that different materials will expand and contract at different rates, brass, steel, plastic.... Water only needs a hairline to find a path, good luck dude?

The metal fitting will be knackered, they get worn out after a good while, i got plenty of spares if u need any Jonny boiiii (Y)

looks like it maynot be elbow swivel connection,     dry this morning,     late in day just wetness from brush head.  Maybe sort pole holder out so its not facing down as much.

20200106_110557.jpg

Latest Posts

Back