Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Squeegee app and Gocardless

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Will Eves

Hi. I’m just making the transition from the old book and pen to the squeegee app, Gocardless and got a SumUp card reader coming.  
I’m just after any general advice, tips, tricks, hacks., dos and don’t s. Anything to help make the transition as easy as possible for me and my customers.
I’ve got all my customers logged onto squeegee (400+). Linked and verified my Gocardless with it. Posted all about it on Facebook etc. I’ve also messaged all my customers I contact via Facebook, WhatsApp etc and asked for all of their Emails and phone numbers so I don’t have to message people here, there and everywhere and have a better database. I’m not that bothered about having all my customers on DD as I have hundreds of great customers who are always home, always have money etc so I’m happy to keep cash/bacs as a payment option too. 
Cheers for any advice! 

I use cleaner planner instead of squeegee, looked at changing a couple of times as the CP app is only really for worksheets and the website doesn’t work well on the phone. 

regarding switchover to gocardless, I’ve moved over half my existing customers over and all new customers go on it. I actually use it to help close deals as it makes life easier for everyone

my advice is leave your cash ones as cash, and maybe your standing orders too but on CP it’s a ball ache constantly inputting every BACS transaction into the system to update your debts and know who’s paid. With gocardless, as soon as the money goes into your account it saves the payment on CP too and clears them off the debtors list. A few months of seeing how easy that makes it and you’ll want all your bank payments on there

Hi thanks for the reply. I considered CP but thought it was old fashioned compared to squeegee. I’m using the app now and it’s really great! Nightmare to upload all the customers etc but all done now. Just hope it’s reliable, if it goes wrong I’m guna hang myself with microbore hose ?. 
I agree with what you’ve said about cash vs bacs vs Gocardless. I plan on keeping plenty of cash customers that are always home and have cash on them. Definitely seems best to change regular DD and bacs payments to Gocardless along with bad payers and new customers, not that I’m taking any on for the foreseeable, just need existing customers to switch, I’ve found all the info online about getting customers to switch and I’ve put it all over Facebook and printed a Gocardless info flyer on the back of all my calling cards. 
Cheers Will. 

Nowt wrong with old fashioned, there is a few members on here like @Part Timer & @spruce ? ?

Yep. George is fine for what we use it for. Our main family car is still an Austin Metro - we just don't need anything too fancy.

I forgot to mention. Its 40 years old this year so we don't have to worry about getting it MOTed. I might have to SORN it for a few months and then we will be good to go.

BTW @Will Eves, what's Gocardless? Is this similar to going Tubeless? ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. George is fine for what we use it for. Our main family car is still an Austin Metro - we just don't need anything too fancy.

I forgot to mention. Its 40 years old this year so we don't have to worry about getting it MOTed. I might have to SORN it for a few months and then we will be good to go.

BTW @Will Eves, what's Gocardless? Is this similar to going Tubeless? ?

I just need to add @Iron Giant

Whilst you guys are driving a standard, normal everyday car, ours will be upgraded to a classic this year. How cool is that?

(I've never been able to understand how I have battled to get it through the last few MOTs but from the 23rd of June it now becomes so safe to drive that we don't need to get it MOT'ed for the rest of its life.) ?

I just need to add @Iron Giant

Whilst you guys are driving a standard, normal everyday car, ours will be upgraded to a classic this year. How cool is that?

(I've never been able to understand how I have battled to get it through the last few MOTs but from the 23rd of June it now becomes so safe to drive that we don't need to get it MOT'ed for the rest of its life.) ?
As I started reading this, I thought you were taking about your van that you had kept going for years ?

Sorry chaps. I must’ve posted my query in the wrong category. I didn’t realise this was the Geriatrics section. ?

@spruce I’ll be sure to wave at you when you emerge from a cloud of steam on the hard shoulder. 

? So true - but I speak for myself.

I'm so glad I stuck with the Metro. I was going to trade it in on an Allegro a number of years back now but I heard that they had rust issues. You don't see many Allegros around these days do you?

My mate bought a new Leyland Marina and that was a awful car.

? So true - but I speak for myself.

I'm so glad I stuck with the Metro. I was going to trade it in on an Allegro a number of years back now but I heard that they had rust issues. You don't see many Allegros around these days do you?

My mate bought a new Leyland Marina and that was a awful car.
I had an all aggro about 25 years ago.. awfull car to drive and also breaks all the time.

Metro's are cool.. had the 1275gt turbo lump from the metro put in my old mini.

Awesome fast car and handled like a go cart.

Back