Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on pricing please

HWCS

Just been asked to price this up for a full vallet.

I was thinking my full day rate that im happy with (£150)  but thinking im really under pricing it at this price.

I can use customers outside tap so wont be using much in the way of pure only for final rinse.

Ill be using David Kemps Vision TFR-CC

20200108_085455.jpg

20200108_085501.jpg

20200108_085513.jpg

20200108_085526.jpg

20200108_085559.jpg

20200108_085611.jpg

I charge £8.50 per pane just for the roof (external only). Then whatever you want for the rest..

Personally for me £200 is cheap, and I would only do it at that if they were a very good customer. That breaks down to £80 on the outside and £120 inside. After spending most of the day doing that wouldn't really want to do anything else. If you're happy with less then go for it.

£150 seems ok, it's not going to take more than maybe 3 hours solid work if that? Seems a good rate to me hourly even if half a shift.

150 day rate means you need to put your day rate up lol.

I'm doing a pressure/softwash job next week that will take a day and a half and got it at 822 quid based on square meterage.

Don't under sell yourself.

Did a conny in and out last year with someone else and it was priced at 850 for the job.

Took 1 day and still half of their quote from thomas sanderson.

Keep their prices in mind when quoting.

About 70 quid a panel in and out which is extortionate but shows we can quote more.

I always tell them to phone Thomas Sanderson get a price of them for the job and I’ll do it for half the price , works a treat we would be £600 + for that in and out and yes we do get jobs at those prices not all the time but the vast majority if they are serious will pay , we have one customer that we do inside on every 6 months and that’s a mornings work for £400 , that does include all plastic , window shuts, door shuts, openers in the roof and all glass , hoovering all flys and dust in all channels and ledges , most  grossly underprice this type of work it is back breaking and if we are going to do it I expect to be paid well , that job in your pictures would take two of us all day , but it would look like new when it’s done , be careful using tfr on it I turned one yellow years ago and never used tfr again ???

Sorry for bad info

Its not a full vallet, its outside only
That's what I thought you meant. 3 hours max so your price sounds good..based on hourly rate and what you would probably do on windows etc. 

150 day rate means you need to put your day rate up lol.

I'm doing a pressure/softwash job next week that will take a day and a half and got it at 822 quid based on square meterage.

Don't under sell yourself.

Did a conny in and out last year with someone else and it was priced at 850 for the job.

Took 1 day and still half of their quote from thomas sanderson.

Keep their prices in mind when quoting.

About 70 quid a panel in and out which is extortionate but shows we can quote more.
Your right about day rate dave but the higher you price the less likely you are to get it. Not to say its unattainable but just usually becomes less likely.

Depends on how much the poster wants the job I guess and how quiet he is. 

Regular custy £150 2-3hrs max spent

One -off £300

Exterior only 

Start all roofs from £50min charge

Everyones different .

be careful using tfr on it I turned one yellow years ago and never used tfr again ???
Amateur, either that or you don't work quick enough ?We use it regularly and never had a problem. Would very much depend on the strength you used as well. For light dirt like that 10% is more than enough.

Its not a full valet, its outside only
Now that is slightly different ?

Sorry for bad info

Its not a full vallet, its outside only

Ah ok , but it’s still a bit of a fiddley  job the roof slope back towards the building will be a bit of a pain , not sure if it’s glass or polycarbonate roof?? But it’s basjcaly two conservatory’s , I still think £150 is way to cheap , but if you are desperate for the job for experience or just beacause you are starting out then I understand that you would be happy with that money , but as Dave b said don’t under sell yourself , that’s not being patronising either , any job that we do apart from windows is priced considerably higher , as an example if you are earning £40 per hour doing easy window cleaning then to clean that conservatory and roof will be much harder work you need to be charging £60 per hour or it’s not worth doing harder work with using steps /ladders or cleaning chemicals etc you might as well stick to window cleaning . Do you think you will do all that on your own in 3 hours to a high standard ? That roof is really bad , it needs a good spray of chemical , good scrub rinse with garden hose then possibly a rinse with pure , roofs can take some serious amounts of rinsing to get rid of all the bits and if not careful when you have rinsed one side the dirt will easily splash over to the clean side , if it’s polycarbonate it’s not so time consuming , we are very experienced in this type of work and we work at a fast rate and I reckone two of us would take best part of three hours to do a decent job on the outside of that ,you are going to be up and down the steps/ladder a lot on those roofs  some might scoff at that and there will be the splash and dash brigade might do it in an hour or so but if doing the job so that it’s 100% and looking almost like new will take a while . Hope it goes ok though ??

Ah ok , but it’s still a bit of a fiddley  job the roof slope back towards the building will be a bit of a pain , not sure if it’s glass or polycarbonate roof?? But it’s basjcaly two conservatory’s , I still think £150 is way to cheap , but if you are desperate for the job for experience or just beacause you are starting out then I understand that you would be happy with that money , but as Dave b said don’t under sell yourself , that’s not being patronising either , any job that we do apart from windows is priced considerably higher , as an example if you are earning £40 per hour doing easy window cleaning then to clean that conservatory and roof will be much harder work you need to be charging £60 per hour or it’s not worth doing harder work with using steps /ladders or cleaning chemicals etc you might as well stick to window cleaning . Do you think you will do all that on your own in 3 hours to a high standard ? That roof is really bad , it needs a good spray of chemical , good scrub rinse with garden hose then possibly a rinse with pure , roofs can take some serious amounts of rinsing to get rid of all the bits and if not careful when you have rinsed one side the dirt will easily splash over to the clean side , if it’s polycarbonate it’s not so time consuming , we are very experienced in this type of work and we work at a fast rate and I reckone two of us would take best part of three hours to do a decent job on the outside of that ,you are going to be up and down the steps/ladder a lot on those roofs  some might scoff at that and there will be the splash and dash brigade might do it in an hour or so but if doing the job so that it’s 100% and looking almost like new will take a while . Hope it goes ok though ??
As always great advice and help from you @Pjj, ive gone in at £180.

I dont mind if it takes 4/5hrs as it will also be a £30 every 6wks clean for the bungalow and conservatory.

If i get the job i will post an after pic of the job.

I dont mind if it takes 4/5hrs as it will also be a £30 every 6wks clean for the bungalow and conservatory.

We are all different and prices do vary and what we all want to earn is different as well , £180 is a nice mornings work for you , but don’t  forget your chemical and any other materials costs that you might have well , hope you get the job if they arnt prepared to pay that then they are cheap skates ??

That's what I would have quoted, £150 is too cheap but £180 is not too bad.  When it becomes more frequent then I would push it up to just over £200, supply and demand and all that.

I want to try and find a suitable platform to do this type of work, doing them off a ladder is a real pain, imagine if the roof was on the floor how much easier it would be.  Well if you had a platform the height of the gutter it you would be looking down on it and I would think it would be a lot easier.

Mate of mine was telling me about these battery operated pressure washer machines, I am going to look into them as they could be ideal for conservatory roofs.

Not been in the game that long but my two penneth worth after doing a few and pricing a few....the roofs take twice as long as you planned they would so ALWAYS make sure you go in with a good price. personally when something like that comes in i would charge around £250 and block off all day so that you can take your time and do a thorough job...dont put yourself under a time constraint as things can get missed if your under pressure to get to another job you will miss something.

but as always just one mans opinion, good luck and i hope you land the job

That's what I would have quoted, £150 is too cheap but £180 is not too bad.  When it becomes more frequent then I would push it up to just over £200, supply and demand and all that.

I want to try and find a suitable platform to do this type of work, doing them off a ladder is a real pain, imagine if the roof was on the floor how much easier it would be.  Well if you had a platform the height of the gutter it you would be looking down on it and I would think it would be a lot easier.

Mate of mine was telling me about these battery operated pressure washer machines, I am going to look into them as they could be ideal for conservatory roofs.

For high ones we use a scaffold tower and normal height ones a little giant steps/ladder they arnt cheap but are very stable and ideal for doing jobs like this 

£150 seems ok, it's not going to take more than maybe 3 hours solid work if that? Seems a good rate to me hourly even if half a shift.
Wow Chris, that's going some i think. It would probably take me three hours to do just the roofs, they look like first cleans to me, caked on grime. I don't know how some of you guys get through it so quickly. I've done many connys and find them very time consuming. Those bits under the joints just keep swilling out. I'd be interested to know how long it actually takes you HWCS. Good luck with it buddy.

I think 150 is a pretty good price for doing just the outsides, would have that sorted within 2 hours with 2 of you... easy money for a day its raining

Wow Chris, that's going some i think. It would probably take me three hours to do just the roofs, they look like first cleans to me, caked on grime. I don't know how some of you guys get through it so quickly. I've done many connys and find them very time consuming. Those bits under the joints just keep swilling out. I'd be interested to know how long it actually takes you HWCS. Good luck with it buddy.
I usually work in a pair so maybe didnt consider that fully. But I still say 4 hours max for outside on that and dont get bad results 

I work fast on add ons, I guess everyone does. But yeah I would be happy with that time scale on that for me

Latest Posts

Back