Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

IONICS not all they are cracked up to be!!

Good evening one & all ...

Should anyone be considering purchasing an IONICS Thermopure system I would seriously reconsider and look elsewhere ...

I did exactly that and purchased a system from them over a year ago and it’s been the worst purchase of my window cleaning   career ...

To add insult to injury I asked them recently to take a look at my system again (6-7 time I’ve previously had to take the vehicle back to them and they have failed each time to resolve the issue) and they have apparently shut my case! Without consultation to see if I was still experiencing issues, which of course I am ...

When I wanted to purchase the system they were all over me, once I started experiencing issues they weren’t really interested and it become a battle, all they kept telling me was I am subject to their terms & conditions and that they reserve the right to repair / replace any faulty parts ...

What have I learnt from all of this ....

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM IONIC SYSTEMS LTD, I should of shopped around before deciding, lesson learnt.

Rant over, Happy 2020 guys, hope you all have a profitable year.

Ionics are just trip off merchants, never ever bought anything from them in my 7+ years of window cleaning, I think most people know this but a small minority of people will keep going back to them lol

There kit in general is very good I have 3 of there systems but have modified there filtration as they keep exploding , but surprise surprise they denied  there is a problem ???, about a year ago I threatened them with court action before they would give me compensation , then they backed down very quickly and suddenly I had a very healthy credit account with them ,funny old thing that ??? there thermopure set up  is pants compared to Grippatank hot set up I have both and much prefer the Grippatank , why they only have one hot pump on a two pump system beggars belief ! But hay ho , what’s your problem with it ??? 

Heater issue due to lack of power, and I’ll keep on posting in the future about IONICS and their s**t customer service ...

I think I need to get a solicitor involved and go from there.

The point of my post is to make everyone aware when considering IONICS products, basically steer clear of the company as they will sell you everything they can but the aftercare and overall customer follow up are non existent.

i'm curious now, how can a webasto s90 give lack of power?, i'm not having a dig here but, theres often a large grey area between the customer and the provider and there perceptions of customer service and the expectations on both sides.

@Fleets Cleaning Ionics may not have been good in your experience but that is your experience. I'm sure that there is many who think they are good and many who have had a poor experience. Can we all sit here and say everyone one of our customers will say we're perfect?! Of course not, some customers and service/product providers don't see eye to eye.

You have expressed your opinion now twice on here at least but it doesn't look very good to be publicly slating a company for what seems to be with spite. For all we know you could have been a fussy as heck customer. But it's your word, I doubt Ionics, is going to engage in an argument publicly.

I've had a good experience with them.

Ultimately, they did a fair bit to innovate the wfp industry just like alex gardiner has with accessible good priced poles which perform well. It's easy to sit and complain but we all owe a part to those who have made and contributed to make our industry what it is today.

@Fleets Cleaning Ionics may not have been good in your experience but that is your experience. I'm sure that there is many who think they are good and many who have had a poor experience. Can we all sit here and say everyone one of our customers will say we're perfect?! Of course not, some customers and service/product providers don't see eye to eye.

You have expressed your opinion now twice on here at least but it doesn't look very good to be publicly slating a company for what seems to be with spite. For all we know you could have been a fussy as heck customer. But it's your word, I doubt Ionics, is going to engage in an argument publicly.

I've had a good experience with them.

Ultimately, they did a fair bit to innovate the wfp industry just like alex gardiner has with accessible good priced poles which perform well. It's easy to sit and complain but we all owe a part to those who have made and contributed to make our industry what it is today.
After spending a significant amount of money only to repeatedly have the same issue occur on a daily basis for 18 months without resolution is not me ‘being fussy’ trust me ...

If I had been provided with a system that worked correctly then believe me I’d be singing the suppliers praises as I firmly believe in promoting good companies ...

When providing services companies must expect good & negative feedback ...

This is a private window cleaning forum where topics are discussed between window cleaners, so I’ve had a bad experience with IONICS, I’m simply making other people aware of the situation I’ve been through for the past 18 months ...

I’ve been in this game for just under 30 years (past 19 using the pole) and never been treated by another company as I have been by IONICS ...

I don’t do spats or am I spiteful so please don’t judge me based on my disappointment with a provider when you don’t have a clue what I’ve been through with them ...

As you say, this was MY experience with IONICS and it wasn’t a great one, and in no way am I fussy as heck, I had a system that didn’t heat water, it was faulty so there’s nothing to be fussy about, all I wanted was a system fit for purpose and of satisfactory condition which it was neither.

i'm curious now, how can a webasto s90 give lack of power?, i'm not having a dig here but, theres often a large grey area between the customer and the provider and there perceptions of customer service and the expectations on both sides.
Exactly my point, how can it be lack of power ...

Well, I’ve now had the system independently tested and repaired by a Webasto engineer, the wiring used by IONICS was the wrong size, they had further inserted split relays into the wrong size wiring ...

Im not an expert in this, the guy i paid to repair the system is and he couldn’t believe the state of the workmanship he came across when taking the panel off the  unit, he repaired the system in 2 hours and the power supply is now constantly above 12.8 v and fully charges to 14.3 v there abouts, IONICS couldn’t rectify the problem in 6 attempts.

The same guy and author of this post, posted about this issue  back in November. 
Problem with my system was incorrect size wiring used by IONICS plus they had inserted split relays into the wrong size wires ...

Had an independent Webasto engineer take a look and he fixed the system within 2 hours and it works brilliantly ...

IONICS had 6 attempts totalling around 40 hours and couldn’t fix it.

that is shocking ...it really is...no wonder your angry....these systems are not cheap......you expect them to get the technical/wiring right first time,if not then second time round....6 TIMES!!!!.....!RUDDY HELL!

my grippatank 9kw heater has never missed a beat in over 2 years since installation.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Heater issue due to lack of power, and I’ll keep on posting in the future about IONICS and their s**t customer service ...

I think I need to get a solicitor involved and go from there.

The point of my post is to make everyone aware when considering IONICS products, basically steer clear of the company as they will sell you everything they can but the aftercare and overall customer follow up are non existent.

Should have went to Grippatank, after sales is really good. I have an engineer coming to me on Friday to swap a float in my tank.

that is shocking ...it really is...no wonder your angry....these systems are not cheap......you expect them to get the technical/wiring right first time,if not then second time round....6 TIMES!!!!.....!RUDDY HELL!

my grippatank 9kw heater has never missed a beat in over 2 years since installation.....
I’m pass any anger stages as the last 18 months watered that right down believe me, i’m just happy that an independent company has fully rectified the problem and that I can now use hot water with no problems ...

I spoke to Grippatank and they have been extremely helpful.

I’m pass any anger stages as the last 18 months watered that right down believe me, i’m just happy that an independent company has fully rectified the problem and that I can now use hot water with no problems ...

I spoke to Grippatank and they have been extremely helpful.
What was the issue and what was done to fix it ????

What was the issue and what was done to fix it ????
Incorrect size wiring fitted, also split relays inserted into the incorrect size wiring ...

Basically the wiring used by IONICS was not the correct size, they then on their attempts to repair the system used split relays which only decreased any power further ...

1mm wiring was used when it should of been 4mm and it should of also been a continuous feed with no interruptions (split relays) ...

had the system repaired a week ago and it is working fantastic with no issues at all, heats up to correct temperature and maintains ample voltage throughout my working day.

Incorrect size wiring fitted, also split relays inserted into the incorrect size wiring ...

Basically the wiring used by IONICS was not the correct size, they then on their attempts to repair the system used split relays which only decreased any power further ...

1mm wiring was used when it should of been 4mm and it should of also been a continuous feed with no interruptions (split relays) ...

had the system repaired a week ago and it is working fantastic with no issues at all, heats up to correct temperature and maintains ample voltage throughout my working day.

Glad you finally got it sorted out ok .

Back