Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting out any help or pointers please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yoyo

Hi guys I know this has probably been covered 100 times over but any help I would be very grateful of the more I look into it the more I get lost  I'm new to this wanting to be my own boss going to go the wfp way dont want to over spend my first time will only be me to start with 

Would it be better to buy a full system or buy what's needed and make my own I've no idea which or what spec  ? 

Not sure which poles to get,brush heads or hose

Was looking at a vw caddy maxi 

Does anyone know where to get a low cost website and was looking at using squeezie app

Thanks for any replys 

Have you got easy access to water and power, if you have you can get a van mounted R/O filtration system. You will probably need a booster pump as well unless you have exceptionally high water pressure. You can also get portable systems like this

https://purefreedom.co.uk/product/ro-unit/#booster-pump-controller-automatic-shut-off

There are cheaper ways to go about producing water and initially it might pay you to just buy your water as and when you need it.

It would be cheaper if you could buy the equipment and do the work yourself. As for poles and brushes this is personal  choice. My starting pole would be a CLX27, others will say an SLX25. 
Thanks where would you go to buy everything needed ? Thanks I'll have a look at the poles 

1. Poles. Get a pole from Alex Gardiner. You will not find a better pole, they are the best and it's a waste of time buying any other pole.

2. Equipment, EBay is best, you can pick up a tank, pump, di vessel, ro system,hose reel etc for under £500, cheaper if you buy used.

3. Van, try to get a cheap van. Don't work out a car with Jerry cans, it looks unprofessional, and it's an insurance and accident hazard.

4. Insurances, make sure your vehicle insurance covers you for commercial use.

5. Advertising, don't be tempted to offer cleans too cheaply. Clearly you need to encourage new business by offering incentives to try you, but don't go offering free window cleans for the 1st 3 cleans or something stupid like that.

6. Be patient, you are not going to be making much money for at least 4 or 5 years, you will be stuck with the customers no one else wants, be treated badly, and have to constantly replace bad customers with better ones.

7. Be consistent.

8. Listen to what your customer wants, and do what you promise. It's easy to say that to start with, but fast forward 6 years down the line, it's amazing how easy it is to drop the ball on the quality of work. 

9. If you can, make friends with other window cleaners, and respect those who have been in the game longer.

Back