Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Would you like a cup of tea?

Exchef93

What do the rest of you guys do when being offered a cup of tea or coffee?

Me personally, i dont think j have ever turned one down, but it's always the same customers every round. If we get less than half a dozen teas and coffees every round it's a bad day.

Thank you Salary ?

What do the rest of you guys do when being offered a cup of tea or coffee?

Me personally, i dont think j have ever turned one down, but it's always the same customers every round. If we get less than half a dozen teas and coffees every round it's a bad day.

Thank you Salary ?
 I might accept one, if I have too much i end up busting for a jimmy

I might accept one, if I have too much i end up busting for a jimmy
When I was working yesterday, I was chatting to the oldish guy next door  who was repointing his customers house. When I moved round the house there he was still talking to me while having a wee in his customers grid.

It did make me chuckle, he didn't have a care in the world.?

Honestly depends on the customer, some of them make an amazing cup of coffee do usually wait for them and there’s a few that offer that I honestly wouldn’t want to use a cup from!!! ?

When I was working yesterday, I was chatting to the oldish guy next door  who was repointing his customers house. When I moved round the house there he was still talking to me while having a wee in his customers grid.

It did make me chuckle, he didn't have a care in the world.?
Ha, that's something i never do is pee in peoples gardens... but the area i work is 90% farmland and lanes, so a gate or footpath is never far away, even in the villages we always have our "pee" stops... bugger paying 20p for the public loos ?

Honestly depends on the customer, some of them make an amazing cup of coffee do usually wait for them and there’s a few that offer that I honestly wouldn’t want to use a cup from!!! ?
Haha i suppose i kniw what you mean, but nothing really can really put me off, when it comes to it ive probably got bird poo residue on my hands when im eating my sandwiches so hey ho...

ive probably got a couple of customers i wouldnt want one off, the type that yoi cant see through there windows for thw dirt on the inside, but not many. 

I try limit it to a couple a day, but I do know people who stay very professional as they work with the mindset of they're in business to get work done and not drink tea etc. I'm in the 50/50 camp. 

Personally, I'm happy to stop of at costa & Co for a half decent swig. Nothing beats my own Nespresso brew thou! I bought that on the back of a customers cuppa. Top notch coffee.

Depends on custys house some kitchens I see I’ll say no thanks ?

you can lose a lot of time with drinks .

Never accept it always say thanks for offering , but I have just had one . Dont have the time to be drinking tea we are there to work and move on to the next job , 
This is the impression i get from most business owners, however i make time for drinking tea!

you can lose a lot of time with drinks .
One of our friday poets rounds, where as soon as we finish the work we go home whatever the time, we get 7/8 cups of tea or coffee, it's a round you never have to take a flask with you, we did it once and NOONE was in and didnt get even 1, we finished almost an hour and a half earlier..

I had one old lady who always made me a cracking cup of coffee, and as I’d text her the night before coming, she’d have a batch of bread pudding ready to give me, still warm from the oven, bloody marvellous! She’s moved though ?

Ill take a tea of some, and some i wont.

One lady always makes me a bacon roll 2ith grated cheese, and she always gives me a home made scone to take away lol
 once you know who’s who after they give you your drink and you can see grease on the top of the tea/coffee that’s when you start to turn them away ???

I once received this... She stood there talking to me so I pretended to drink it till she f**ked off. Every time I go now she offers and I make up some excuse ??

View attachment 18845
That’s what I’m saying ????

I once received this... She stood there talking to me so I pretended to drink it till she f**ked off. Every time I go now she offers and I make up some excuse ??

View attachment 18845
Hahaaaaaa thats brutal man, ive never recieved something like this!! Slightly stale biscuits are the worst ive had, but as soon as there dunked you wouldnt know 

Only if I am doing a gutter or conservatory job and have no other work to get to. Year before last during a heatwave I was doing a conny  and gutter job for a nurse, she came out every hour on the hour with a pint of coke over ice and insisted I drink it, she was a life saver, think I would have dehydrated if she wasn't there despite having 2 litres of boiling hot squash in the van, she even gave me a lucozade sport to drink on the way home.

View attachment 18845
Looks like they have used a plant based milk they nearly always curdle when added to coffee, should have black coffee as once you've had it you'll never go back ? I only drink freshly made coffee from a cafetiere 1 litre a day keeps the doctor away and me wide eyed for a few hours ?  

Looks like they have used a plant based milk they nearly always curdle when added to coffee, should have black coffee as once you've had it you'll never go back ? I only drink freshly made coffee from a cafetiere 1 litre a day keeps the doctor away and me wide eyed for a few hours ?  
Nah mate, I saw her make it, just normal semi-skimmed milk. I think it had gone bad.

Bought the wife a barista coffee machine for Christmas. She loves it. I thought I would get more cups of coffee but I've ended up with less ?‍♂️

Nah mate, I saw her make it, just normal semi-skimmed milk. I think it had gone bad.

Bought the wife a barista coffee machine for Christmas. She loves it. I thought I would get more cups of coffee but I've ended up with less ?‍♂️
I would want it to make the coffee for the price, is that what you were expecting ? 

Latest Posts

Back