Flushing new membranes

johnny bravo

450 ro,    7 years after WFP,     Flush with booster pump on or off   .  dooh

Part Timer
20 minutes ago, johnny bravo said:

450 ro,    7 years after WFP,     Flush with booster pump on or off   .  dooh

Off

Pjj

I think it’s supposed to be off but my water pressure is only 35 psi so flushing the membrane with it off would be pointless I always have it on .

Part Timer
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

I think it’s supposed to be off but my water pressure is only 35 psi so flushing the membrane with it off would be pointless I always have it on .

I did for years and never damaged it, but the "experts" say you shouldn't 🤔

Pjj
3 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I did for years and never damaged it, but the "experts" say you shouldn't 🤔

I don’t think 35 psi would flush anything through a membrane would it ????

Part Timer
Just now, Pjj said:

I don’t think 35 psi would flush anything through a membrane would it ????

That's about 12 higher than mine, without the booster pump I can pee quicker than pure coming out of R/O. This is where @doug atkinsonwould be helpful to explain if you can or can't.

Pjj
8 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

That's about 12 higher than mine, without the booster pump I can pee quicker than pure coming out of R/O. This is where @doug atkinsonwould be helpful to explain if you can or can't.

Lol if it is wrong I have been doing it this way for over  5 years 😂😂😂😂, I have twin ros 4040 

Edited by Pjj

scottish cleaning service

I had my waste and feed round the wrong way and still produced a little pure. When it got corrected we thought it would have damaged the filters. In the end they were okay and it came down to 002 and stayed that figure.

doug atkinson

Flush with pump on is fine as the pressure will speed up the flushing of the chemicals 

johnny bravo

my psi  is low, around 23 / 25     so no pressure going in to flush.     ill see what the tds is tomorrow   and then flush with pump on , see if it does any difference.      when I put in new last year it came down to 3,   its now upto 009  .so new membranes and filters in now. 

johnny bravo

new membranes fitted and filters,     From 7 /  8 hrs to fill 210 litres  ,  back to 2 hours atm.  see how long it lasts

ks789

Doing some water production today and thought about this. pressure out taps around 30 odd, so always use booster for production, but for flushing I cant see it makes any difference. I presume we all have our waste open fully for the flush, and with a booster on, it only builds up pressure when the waste valve is closing, which we do for getting our pure, not for flushing. Maybe im missing something, even though I havent had a beer, (yet) 😁

Pjj
3 hours ago, ks789 said:

Doing some water production today and thought about this. pressure out taps around 30 odd, so always use booster for production, but for flushing I cant see it makes any difference. I presume we all have our waste open fully for the flush, and with a booster on, it only builds up pressure when the waste valve is closing, which we do for getting our pure, not for flushing. Maybe im missing something, even though I havent had a beer, (yet) 😁

Depends on your booster pump I have 30 psi Tap pressure but with waist fully open and booster pump on its 50 psi showing in the gauge ,and the volume of water is much more than when it’s just tap pressure .