Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any pics of ? parking.

Dave B

Staff member
The area I'm in today all my parking is in the mud like this.

Anyone else need to park in mud or dodgy spaces?20200113_112419.jpg

For various reasons, wind being the main one, I've had to put the whole week back to next week ?

If the forecast is  anything to go by we will be in the same boat , we have a three storey hotel due right on the cliffs 100 meters from the sea and the three storey flats  that we did the gutters on last week again close to the coast , + a load of houses , it’s difficult  to walk hear at the moment with horizontal rain impossible to do anything!!!!! Very frustrating as we have just had two weeks off and keen to get on with work 

My big problem is the van doors. Leave them on the magnetic stops and the wind gets in behind them and they swing round with some force. Looking at cutting the corner of the door away to stick the hose through.

No works a treat , we work two men per van with two reels through the floor never had a problem 

Cheers Pjj, where did you get the rollers from? I am nearly finished refitting my van after I got it mot last week. It seems all go now but not taking too much work on, becoming more professional I guess.

Cheers Pjj, where did you get the rollers from? I am nearly finished refitting my van after I got it mot last week. It seems all go now but not taking too much work on, becoming more professional I guess.

I have just replaced my roller system when I fitted the new reels I got mine from water works but you can buy all the bits and do it cheaper but I was in a rush to get it done so  bought this 

BE9D8EBE-7F9D-4CB5-B532-9001B1B91BCA.png

I have just replaced my roller system when I fitted the new reels I got mine from water works but you can buy all the bits and do it cheaper but I was in a rush to get it done so  bought this 

View attachment 18905

Couldn't work it out till I went on waterworks website. They protrude through the floor permanently. I wonder if one roller could handle both hoses because I have a stack system? I will definitely be getting one set soon and maybe fit when the weather is better. Thanks again. 

Scottish think you would need 1 each hose tbh...I built my own, 3 rollers, 1M  threaded bar (you need about 20-30cm each depending on your van),  ~30 connector hex nuts (which you don't really need all down the bar tbh, but makes it look more 'pro') dome nuts, you're done (toolstation/ebay) (I'm sure this is exactly what waterworks do) just make sure you get rollers which have a 'window' bigger enough to take your hose and connector if you want to wind it fully up and thru the rollers  - saved over £100 , so for two could be worthwhile w/e job

Scottish think you would need 1 each hose tbh...I built my own, 3 rollers, 1M  threaded bar (you need about 20-30cm each depending on your van),  ~30 connector hex nuts (which you don't really need all down the bar tbh, but makes it look more 'pro') dome nuts, you're done (toolstation/ebay) (I'm sure this is exactly what waterworks do) just make sure you get rollers which have a 'window' bigger enough to take your hose and connector if you want to wind it fully up and thru the rollers  - saved over £100 , so for two could be worthwhile w/e job

Cheers, didn't realise that they come as a pair. How does it work with a stack system, do you get a bigger one that will take both?

Last edited by a moderator:
Scottish pic is misleading you only get one (so I believe), best speak to waterworks to confirm, but suspect you would just offset them (one to left and one to right) so you have one for each hose...but you could fit one and see how you go with two hoses, not seen it done, and fit another, if hoses don't pull out/reel easily, 

Cheers, didn't realise that they come as a pair. How does it work with a stack system, due you get a bigger one that will take both?

I have not got a stack system but dont think having two hoses through one roller set would work I would put one side buy side in the floor of the van and put one hose through each , if you work on your own why do you need two hose reels ??? Surely you only use one ??? 

I have not got a stack system but dont think having two hoses through one roller set would work I would put one side buy side in the floor of the van and put one hose through each , if you work on your own why do you need two hose reels ??? Surely you only use one ??? 

Yes, only use one hose reel but the other is a good spare. If I continue growing then I might take on an apprentice but one would be okay to begin with. Was thinking of buying a set of wireless earbuds so I can listen to the radio when cleaning. Does anyone wear them when working?

Back