Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

IBC tank set up help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cambscleaning

Can anyone help on the following.

I have a Kiam KM3700P pressure washer. Today I had to clean some machinery in a remote location 

I connected my pressure washer straight to a full IBC tank with a standard hosepipe fitting to this fitting 

pressure was just to low. 

is there a better set up with different size hoses or attachments between Ibc and pressure washer for maximum pressure?

EC16EAC3-3F05-4C9A-9CA5-1ECF10FB53ED.jpeg

I have a Kiam KM3700P pressure washer. Today I had to clean some machinery in a remote location 

I connected my pressure washer straight to a full IBC tank with a standard hosepipe fitting to this fitting 

is there a better set up with different size hoses or attachments between Ibc and pressure washer for maximum pressure?

View attachment 18909
The trouble with that setup is that there is no pressure apart from standard water weight pressure. 

As the tank lowers, so does the water, so does the weight and so does the pressure. 

A powered pump between the IBC and tank will help but would need a power source too. 

As a quick fix and where available, Park the IBC tank as high as possible which will increase the pressure for you. 

The trouble with that setup is that there is no pressure apart from standard water weight pressure. 

As the tank lowers, so does the water, so does the weight and so does the pressure. 

A powered pump between the IBC and tank will help but would need a power source too. 

As a quick fix and where available, Park the IBC tank as high as possible which will increase the pressure for you. 

Give Ben a ring at Rutland pumps that’s to small an outlet to draw water from without pressure ,I have 3/4 fittings on mine from Ben it’s like a toggle clip cannot take any pictures as it’s out side and raining hard ???

Many thanks. Yeah I thought was too small and also too long of a hosepipe go pull and pressure. I think i should be using a small length of at least 2” hose to the pressure washer.

View attachment 18909
With IBC tanks you can get an IBC to 50mm / 2" camlock connector or British standard firefighting 2" instantaneous fittings for a far great flow. That's what I've used on film location fire cover 

Back