Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much would you pay per litre for water

KGEC

Evening all 

as some would have seen from my previous post I am looking to set up, and start window and exterior building clean as an add on to my current business in grounds maintenance. As part of this I have just order an ionic v4 static system and wondered what people are prepared to pay for the water. Currently I’m setting up at 3000l tank but for the extra tank size it wouldn’t be a great deal more to set up. 

Also if anyone is looking to sub contract any work our get in touch. I have a brand new thermowash system being made as we speak and would happily support anyone around West Midlands should the work be out there!! 

We are very lucky here as we have tap water at around 30ppm. Also not on a metre, we use around 700 litres a day between two of us and it costs roughly a fiver a week in resin. If my maths is right it’s about 0.0014 pence per litre. 

Spotless were charging 3p plus vat a litre when they first open up but I think its just a door opener. You could always look them up and find out.
That would be £6000+ a year for me. No thanks. Surely even if you live in a hard water area it’s cheaper and more convenient to make your own. 

We are very lucky here as we have tap water at around 30ppm. Also not on a metre, we use around 700 litres a day between two of us and it costs roughly a fiver a week in resin. If my maths is right it’s about 0.0014 pence per litre. 

That would be £6000+ a year for me. No thanks. Surely even if you live in a hard water area it’s cheaper and more convenient to make your own. 
It may well be but I often see people looking for it locally so was wondering if I could bring in extra cash at the beginning to boost our turnover and profit. Every little helps in growing a start up business. 

700 litres a day!!!! That’s 1.5 litres of water a minute for an 8 hours solid day.  That must be a record. I know a lot of people on here like wasting water but that is a lot. 

700 litres a day!!!! That’s 1.5 litres of water a minute for an 8 hours solid day.  That must be a record. I know a lot of people on here like wasting water but that is a lot. 
That’s between two of us and just an average, sometimes use more or sometimes less if we have a bit of trad or other stuff like gutter clearing it do. 

We use 1000 ltr per day with two guys doing domestic, sometimes when doing large commercial we use 1200-1500 per day  we will be doing a big hotel tomorrow where we use that amount of water per day we do it every 4 weeks it’s right on the coast and needs plenty of water as it’s always covered in salt and sand , we don’t waist water either but we do some serious amounts of work we don’t sit in the van drinking tea ????

Latest Posts

Back