Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help connector problems

Bwfc

I have found this fitting for my 8mm hose claber fitting is bursting off when I stop water flow.

Any ideas? Any other fitting for 8mm can't seem to find any others it's been frustrating. Did have swivel elbow but sent it back to window cleaning warehouse as was leaking wish I just left it now!!

IMG_20200114_175636038.jpg

Is it a ‘stop’ connector’ I.e when you disconnect it the water doesn’t come out when the pumps on? I’ve had issues with the hoselock equivalents and ended up removing the plastic insert (the stop). Seemed to work fine then. Either that or you need to replace the O’ring on the hose reel connector.

Look inside the end of the end stop and cheak that all the plastic lugs that hold it on to the male fitting on the reel are all there they do break over time 

Is it a ‘stop’ connector’ I.e when you disconnect it the water doesn’t come out when the pumps on? I’ve had issues with the hoselock equivalents and ended up removing the plastic insert (the stop). Seemed to work fine then. Either that or you need to replace the O’ring on the hose reel connector.
Yes stop one. Thanks I didn't realize u can get white stop insert out will try 

Check the securing teeth too as @Pjj suggests. I assumed it was a new connector so didn’t mention them. Some connectors just are compatible with other brands too (very rare) but if you’ve been using it successfully before then it points towards needing a new O’ring to be fair. It will wear our pretty quickly if your reeling in and out all day!

Back