Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washing large gravel tarmaced drive

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DeLaCruz

Job is part of a large exterior clean - the driveway is tarmac but its not a clean finsh - looks like it wasn't properly compressed when it was laid and there is green algae growing amoungst the small gaps in the tarmac - i pressure washed a test area and it was difficult to get the green stuff up and left a decent sized holes in the tarmac, also there was a lot of debri blasted off onto the wall. I have some pics which i will post later but wasn't sure if this kind of job is worth just saying no to ?

5FA3FD26-A170-4D4B-AE64-84628664A5C5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
You do need to be careful pressure washing tarmac , lower the pressure , I generaly pre treat with weed killer if bad if it’s just green algi softwash it first then pow at low pressure. 

You do need to be careful pressure washing tarmac , lower the pressure , I generaly pre treat with weed killer if bad if it’s just green algi softwash it first then pow at low pressure. 
Thanks man - any tips on weed killer to use 

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends what the green is is it algi or moss or what ???? 

Ah just seen the picture that’s moss get some moss killer spray it with that leave it a week or so then pressure wash on a low pressure using a flat surface cleaner if you have one, i have used hypo on mine in the past with good results ,I need it do mine  again in the next few weeks . 

Back