Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to stop this

Kurtis

I’m currently spending 30-40 seconds at least 10 times a day untangling my pole hose.

It does my head in and longs out my day.

How do I stop it? Are there any tips/tricks I’m missing?

Is it just a case of getting a different hose?

Im currently just using the ‘8mm all season hose’ that came with my gardiner brush as I thought these were meant to be good?

thanks for any help

(the hose and pole are relatively new btw)

128B3DF4-6508-4203-8171-0D8C29430FF2.jpeg

8641E8A2-9BB5-40C3-9569-38CA114BB83B.jpeg

Grab the tail end and stretch it out to the limit now twizzle it around in the angle it is twisted in amd your pole hose is straight within seconds..

I’ve never had that problem with that hose and we use it all the time. But we do keep it on a hose reel which keeps it in good condition. 

I tried tubeless a while back and didn’t like it at all. Fitting kept getting caught on the end of the pole and caused problems.

Firstly I’d submerge it all in a bucket of boiling water then stretch it out as far as you can with a weight at each end and let it cool. That’ll get it straight to start but will start to do it again in use. 

I rotate the pole clockwise a couple of times when I take it out the van and again before I put it back in. That seems to cure it pretty well for me. 

All hose I’ve ever used does it due to the way it’s coiled when it’s made so will try to coil back up. I currently use exceed pole hose and find it better than all season but everyone will have their favourites

Just line it out straight and it will uncoil by itself, I do this each afternoon when I'm finsihed for the day to keep the kinks at bay.

Going hoseless is another option tho  

@Kurtis just done't let it get that bad, as soon as my has a small amount of twisting in it I just un-twist it takes about 10 seconds, you maybe twisting your pole as you extend and collapse sections which will result in the pole hose twisting, also place it in the van in big coils after each job(s) and each working day. 

I've heard this mentioned before. But what the hell is tubless? I cant seem to find anything about it...
  This is a tubeless set up pole hose is fixed in the top section of the pole then the rest is connected to your hose reel with a release fitting that connects to the male fitting on the pole end hope this makes sense , works so much better , you won’t get disconnections if it’s done properly but if you have a hose tail out of the pole than it will disconnect when extending the pole 

4F723F31-D6D0-4ADB-AF19-A9A94E623292.jpeg

76A9293C-AE8F-4CF4-AE03-16C0F99DC6BA.jpeg

488F9E7C-39FB-43FE-A825-E52F0FEF5F44.jpeg

4 hours ago, HWCS said:

Doing it this way he only uses reclusive 21 fittings without an ejector sleeve it is highly likely it will disconnect when you extend the pole as the tail catches when you extend it ,been there and done that now use the proper fitting and it works well   

The problem doing it this way every time you extend the pole it is very very likely to disconnect it’s self  

Doing it this way he only uses reclusive 21 fittings without an ejector sleeve it is highly likely it will disconnect when you extend the pole as the tail catches when you extend it ,been there and done that now use the proper fitting and it works well   
Ah ok I get ya.

You’re saying it’s better if the connector is inside the pole at all times?

So how much pole hose do you use then? Is it literally just a couple of inches??

Also doesn’t this make it difficult to connect and disconnect??

thanks

Ah ok I get ya.

You’re saying it’s better if the connector is inside the pole at all times?

So how much pole hose do you use then? Is it literally just a couple of inches??

Also doesn’t this make it difficult to connect and disconnect??

thanks

Hopefully the pictures are self explanitary ,any questions just ask , I have about 30 meters of pole hose on the end of the microbore that will then feed up into the pole , you dont have to use that much but we do a lot of high stuff so need it . Doing it this way the hose will not disconnect when extending the pole ,you need the ejected sleeve you can buy them from exceed Inovation or wcw .

3AFCF5EB-A405-41F2-B051-3850DE3934E1.jpeg

288BD4BE-3236-42B5-97DC-8AD3EB62DBA6.jpeg

D6DDC909-4E8C-4D9D-887A-95A6303AEBEA.jpeg

D908378A-23F7-49A5-B79F-9217EA6DBCE6.jpeg

A49A6727-F13A-4B87-BD51-8AAACB142A23.jpeg

BDF52971-390C-416D-BAE1-FC32C583442F.jpeg

Personally I would bin that pole hose. My Gardiner pole hose done the exact same. You need to go tubeless and when it coils you disconnect and reel in and the coils become undone

If I were you, I would change that pole hose, Gardiner stuff is excellent apart from that. I have a reel in my garage, worst thing I’ve ever bought. 
You could do what Pjj has said hose less, or they say the green pole hose from gardiner is much better. I’m about to change mine over the weekend. I have tried all the ideas and mine is exactly like yours. 

If I were you, I would change that pole hose, Gardiner stuff is excellent apart from that. I have a reel in my garage, worst thing I’ve ever bought. 
You could do what Pjj has said hose less, or they say the green pole hose from gardiner is much better. I’m about to change mine over the weekend. I have tried all the ideas and mine is exactly like yours. 

Pole hose  wise we use gardiners green pu , exceed Inovation blue , and ionics orange they are all very good but once my current sticks are used up I will be switching to Gardiners green pu .

I've used rectus fittings for hoseless cleaning, never had a issue with it disconnecting from pulling time and again. Saying that you'd probably be better with a dedicated hoseless connector but had zero issues with cheap rectus ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back